X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simplyconnected
    replied
    Originally posted by mh434 View Post
    ... I copied the old Firefox bookmarks across rather than opening the home page from scratch...
    That makes perfect sense because your old 'favorites' or 'bookmarks' addresses the old 'non-secure' link.

Adding 'SSL' to our site adds the httpS, which makes the address different. Most search engines have 'caught up' to our changes but others still use their older cache. Adding the 's' is like adding an extra digit in the middle of your phone number, making it a different number! The other thing is, every time we make a change I expect problems. It has happened every time we 'upgraded' to a new version or a new patch to vBulletin. Eventually, it gets straightened out.

Delete our link in your 'favorites' and add the new one. Then, you should be good. - Dave

Leave a comment:

• mh434
    replied
    Thanks John.
    its a new windows 10 cad workstation, I copied the old Firefox bookmarks across rather than opening the home page from scratch. My error, but all good now.

Jon

Leave a comment:

• jopizz
    replied
    It appears that you reached our unsecure page the first time you tried to login. If that ever happens again just click anywhere on the large Squarebirds.org banner and it will take you to our secure page.

John

Leave a comment:

• mh434
    replied
    ah....well thats a bit weird...it seems to have resolved itself. The traditional login boxes are back.
    As you were...!

Leave a comment:

• mh434
    started a topic Firefox browser login

Firefox browser login

apologies if this has been raised before, but when I try to log into the site through Firefox the only option I have is to login via facebook. IE 11 gives you the option to type in your username and password. Firefox doesn't have those boxes. We are moving away from internet explorer as it deemed unsafe and soon to be unsupported so we are moving to Firefox.

Jon
Working...
X