Announcement

Collapse

Price is right

Squarebirds.org has not raised our 'paid membership' fee in over 15 years. It remains at US$20 and it will NOT raise in 2022 or 2023 (pandemic, inflation, or not). - Dave
See more
See less

"Loretta" my 1958 Thunderbird Barn Find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Loretta" my 1958 Thunderbird Barn Find

Thanks for welcoming me to the forum! I have found a wealth of information already. Here is "Loretta" my 58 Squarebird. I have started a blog to document her journey. https://58thunderbird.com

301107969_10160121478266136_332720089727099976_n.jpg
    299924872_10160121479031136_5423254277688375648_n.jpg
    20220721_125345.jpg
    Mike Peterson
    O'Neill, Nebraska
    Thunderbird Registry Number 86832

Mike,

Thanks for posting the pictures and the link to your blog. She cleaned up beautifully. We look forward to seeing you bring her back to her former glory.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

One very very nice '58 Thunderbird Mike, thanks for sharing the photos .

Comment

Mike great " find " and she is a beauty for sure. Have you registered her in the TBird registry on our site?
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Mike, she is a beautiful Red 1958 Squarebird! I already know that I want to consider her for the Squarebirds.org 2023 Calendar I am about to start working on! I am always looking for a good Red Tbird for the month of July! She should be an easy one to select, but I need the pix in a 4x3 or 5x4 nearly square frame. None of your pix are like that. IF this interests you, please go through your pix and see if you have any in that format, that are also high definition, 2-6mp, or 2,000-6000pixels. You do NOT want anything else in the background to detract from the car. Nor do you want to get to close to the car that when they go to print it cuts off the chrome on the front and/or back. See these links on how to set the camera to the right settings, and how to pose the car. Do not leave to much ground under the car. I need about an inch of space for text.

https://www.squarebirds.org/vbulleti...nes#post159461

Check in Post 8 there to see how to pose your Tbird better. They were not all posed as I would like them, sometimes having to much space left under the car. But it was a matter of using the photo or not having a calendar that year.

https://www.squarebirds.org/vbulleti...ist#post243869

If this interests you, give me a call at 210-875-1411 and I will fill you in on more details. BTW the current Calendar is on that list in Post 8 and can be printed out for each remaining month. I can also provide you with my email address, which I do not put on the Forum because some idiot hijacked my old email and used it to spam the world. BTW this would have been a good pic if it had been in 11"x8.5" format. Do you have it in that format?

abovethegarageRed58HT-PS.jpg
          Last edited by YellowRose; September 12, 2022, 09:34 AM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Leavens View Post
            Mike great " find " and she is a beauty for sure. Have you registered her in the TBird registry on our site?
            Yes, I have! Thanks.
            Mike Peterson
            O'Neill, Nebraska

Comment

Mike thanks.
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Purchased some new (to me) Kelsey Hayes wire wheels I found on Facebook Marketplace from an elderly widow whose husband had them on a 57 Thunderbird. She had them priced and $1250, but had no luck selling them. She bumped them down to $750 and I offered her $500 and she took it. She said they were the last thing in her garage from her deceased husband and just "wanted to get rid of them."

Screenshot_20220911-165226_Facebook.jpg 20220913_183107.jpg
                Mike Peterson
                O'Neill, Nebraska

Comment

Congrats on your find. Hopefully whoever installed them did it correctly and you don't have issues. They look great but they can also be a headache. I assume they used new inner tubes and liners.

John
                  John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                  jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

Originally posted by jopizz View Post
                    Congrats on your find. Hopefully whoever installed them did it correctly and you don't have issues. They look great but they can also be a headache. I assume they used new inner tubes and liners.

John
                    Yes, they did. I am a teacher in a small town in Nebraska and the shop is owned by a former student...plus the tire tech is a former student also and loves the 'Bird. I think he had a vested interest in it as he loves it, and they put tubes in tractor tires all of the time!!
                    Mike Peterson
                    O'Neill, Nebraska

Comment

Working...
                    X