X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kowalj04
    Experienced
    • Jan 10 2021

My two 96's next to my father's two 60's

I had all four birds out today, so I figured I'd share some pictures. My two 96's with my father's two 60's. All now located in western NY, however I've come to nickname/refer to each bird by the state it was purchased in.
    96- White- Apple Valley, Minnesota (my first car)
    96- Pearl- Chesapeake Bay, Virginia (my daily driver)
    60- Aquamarine- Strawberry Point, Iowa (sunroof model)
    60- Maroon- Kalispell, Montana (base hardtop)
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.
    Jim Kowal
    Thunderbird Registry #82613
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Jim, I would love to consider ALL four of those Tbirds for the 2022 Squarebirds.org Calendar that I will be starting on come September. They are all four great looking candidates! We have never had a late model Tbird shown before, except for the Retrobirds. If you have any interest in submitting them, give me a call at 210-875-1411 and I will fill you in on the details. I would need good high def pix with nothing in the background to take the attention off the Tbird. You have plenty of time to do some good posing of them. Take a look at Anything Goes, and the thread on the 2008-2021 Calendars and how to pose your Tbird, set your camera to the best settings, etc.. Anyone else who has an interest in having their Tbird considered, please do the same. It is getting harder to find Tbirds that have not already been picked and shown in the past calendars that I have put out in the last 12 years...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• kowalj04
      Experienced
      • Jan 10 2021

Thank you Ray, and I will certainly take you up on that offer!

When I joined the forum earlier this year I mentioned the sunroof 60'. When you saw my now previous avatar (pic), we did discuss on the phone me taking pictures of that one for your calender. Fortunately, I live right next to Lake Erie, so I can get a nice background for that one. I haven't gotten around to taking those pictures yet as stubborn old me has still been searching for an original wind bar. I'd love to take that picture with a bar on the car. I'll likely be budging on that search (goal) soon and reaching out to John Draxler about his homemade one again. Three of the cars have very nice paint. Unfortunately, the maroon car's clear coat has severely flaked, plus some minor rust bubbling here and there. The benefit to those flaws is that I do not feel bad leaving that car outside and keeping other toys in the garages. I'll get back to you with some pictures at some point.
      Jim Kowal
      Thunderbird Registry #82613

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Jim, thanks for refreshing my memory! I talk with sooo many people, that I don't always remember who all I talked with about what! I would certainly like to consider any Tbird you or your Dad have that you consider would be worthy. Regarding John Draxler's wind bar, it is my understanding that it is an exact replica of the original. I have not been able to find another OEM one for about 10 years now. About the only chance of finding one is finding a junkyard with a '60 Golde Top with the wind bar still on it. But I think most junkyard owners probably know the value of that wind bar and the chances of finding one is probably slim to none...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎