Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1960 Squarebird Of Randall Scott ~ 60birdaussie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Squarebird Of Randall Scott ~ 60birdaussie!

Here are some photos of Randall's '60 Silver Squarebird with the Red interior. I will also post some pix he sent in the 1958-1960 Squarebirds Forum.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Randall sent me some more pix and an update on what has been going on regarding the Tbird and restoring P-40 Warhawks... Here is what he had to say and 3 pix.

"Hi there Ray, hope all is well with you over there in Texas mate. I've been hearing about hurricanes and things going on over recent weeks so hope you are okay.

Apologies for such a long stint between emails, just been flat out with life's adventures and dodging the Covid infestations that come up from Melbourne.

Well as you might have guessed by the photos it was our T-bird's birthday. Dana thought it would be great to have a little cake to celebrate. Wow, 61 yrs old, but hey what a classic and we love having her as part of our little family. I know she was built on the 26th but I guess born on the 28th from the information that you had sent. (My note: His Data Plate has Oct. 26th on it, but the 1960 Production run indicates it was actually built on the 28th.)

Going to head to bed now mate, have a crackin' early start for tomorrow as we need to finish a wing set before Christmas.
    Will send you some photos of the next bunch of P40 Warhawk progress tomorrow night. Take care mate will talk soon. Cheers Randall."

Now for the pix! Randall sent me a new front view of his Squarebird.

Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; October 29th, 2020, 01:23 PM.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

Randall ~ 60birdaussie, sent me a pic of his1960 Silver Squarebird after he was able to drive her home and put her in his garage! Here is that pic!

Comment

Randall ~ 60birdaussie & I communicate with each other via email. Here are his latest comments from Tasmania!

"Hi there Ray, how's things going in your neck of the woods mate?
        Sorry for not replying in ages, just been busy as usual, working 6 days a week etc etc. Well it's starting to get a bit cold down here in down under of down under, which means it's getting warmer where you are in San Antonio.

We went up from Hobart to Devonport and Burnie last weekend as I had a rostered day off which I haven't had in such a long time so therefore had a 3 day weekend. We went up and started the Bird and Bug and drove them around the storage yard to give everything a good turn over, including the tyres. Was really good to jump in and give them a good run. We also stopped in to see the mutual friends of Chris' and checked out their awesome 64 Flairbird. They don't live far from where our cars are in storage so they came down and I took Kingsley for a drive in my Bird.

I know that Dave will say to get hold of a 390 and I'd like to but unfortunately they are very rare here and to even get a rebuilder from the states would be cost prohibitive in postage/freight alone. My 352 will eventually be rebuilt but if I can put some little reliability goodies like a Rollmaster type timing set and maybe a stage 2 cam, nice and mild, plus the great advice that Dave has published for his 390 rebuild with regards to the oil system, I think she'll be fine.

I've been busy doing research on the brakes as well as looking at eventually installing a 390 engine style of cam thrust plate, so I can run a true roller style of timing gear set. Means a bit of tapping a thread into the oil galleries at the front of the block to accept bolts for the thrust plate and means doing away with the old thrust button. But anyway, I've got to have a home and a shed to do that, and that is at least 12 mths away. I've also managed to buy a few parts from Rock auto, using the discount code from Squarebirds. Bought a new steering cylinder, speedy sleeve for the front engine seal and related parts.

Have also done a big list of goodies to get from Birdnest. As for the brakes, I'll get it registered first with the drums and then upgrade them with the dual master and discs etc. Well you take care now mate, stay safe and drive carefully in Tweety2! Look after yourself mate. I still get a look at the forum now and then when I get a chance and love it! Cheers mate Randall and Dana."

Here is a pic he took of his Tbird while taking it out of storage and driving it a bit.

Comment

Here we are sitting in days on end of triple digit temps of 100-105, tying or breaking records for unheard of heat at this time of year, 10-12 degrees above normal. On the other end of the world Randall & Dana are being rocked by heavy winds and Antarctic snow! Here are a couple of pix he sent and a few comments.
          "Well tonight mate we jumped into bed at about 1930, just had a big day and some pretty rough sleep the last few after our Antarctic blast rocked the old trailer around a bit. I'll send you a couple of pics of Mount Wellington in Hobart. We had a real nice day today as it was a long weekend, sun was out and we went for a drive to a place called Huonville, south east of Hobart.
          I've been following Kel's restoration of his 59! Wow, hasn't he done a fantastic job of that! That car is gonna look gorgeous when he's finished."

Comment

Working...
          X