Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New addition to the Family 1957 Chevy and progress on 60 thunderbird convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YellowRose
    replied
    Here are more pix that Bill sent of "The Red Baron"!

Leave a comment:

• Capt46
    replied
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• OUR5T8BIRD
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt46 View Post
    Top installed just not working hahhahahahaha
    That is a good thing Bill, then you cant get it creased and wrinkled . Looks absolutely stunning .

Leave a comment:

• YellowRose
    replied
    Bill has sent me some more pix of his gorgeous '60 Squarebird, now that she is nearly complete. Here is what he sent. As you can see, it looks like Dave has the picture posting problem fixed. At least for the time being! Thanks, Dave!

Leave a comment:

• Capt46
    replied
    Top installed just not working hahhahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Capt46
    replied
    Yes I have the map light option it works well. Friday new top being installed. Monday next week wet sand and compound detail set. Stay tuned for final reveal. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• YellowRose
    replied
    Bill, you may want to do what I did when I had Tweety Bird. I bought a set of black rubber floor mats with the Tbird emblem on them. When I was driving, I put my black mats on top of my white floor mats. When I was on show, I slipped them under my white floor mats and put the show ones on top. However, I did one thing further with my white floor mats. They were made of the same vinyl material the seat covers were made of. I had my interior guy encase them in clear plastic and put a yellow edging on them to really set them off. That way, if I ever got my show mats dirty, I just wiped them off with a wet rag. There are some other pix of the interior that I designed and had installed. I did all the design work for the exterior and interior and let the pro's make it happen. I designed the Tbird wing into the kick panel, the door and ending in the wingtip in the rear. I took out the black seat belts I had put in, and put white ones on, which my interior guy covered with clear plastic to keep them clean. It was my idea to put a white center piece into the dashpad, to continue the white from the dash to the rear seats. Later, I added the Map Light conversion that Alexander gave us years ago, underneath the radio to light up the Yellow Rose when I was driving at night. You already should have one in your Convertible since you have no overhead light. Here is what this all looked like, in case you have not seen them before.. BTW... I really want to consider your Gorgeous Red Tbird for the 2021 Squarebirds Calendar! I am always in need of a Red Tbird for July or Christmas. In your case for July since it is a Convertible!

Leave a comment:

• Capt46
    replied
    Hahahahaahaaaa

Leave a comment:

• OUR5T8BIRD
    replied
    Absolutely stunning interior Bill . Awesome job . And those white floor mats just take it over the top . Take your shoes off when you get in .

Leave a comment:

• Capt46
    replied
    B86D4334-CD07-4BBB-8DD8-44B557FB7CB0.jpegEB44A8EF-34A7-4E13-AFB5-C0A99FEE7FDC.jpegB86D4334-CD07-4BBB-8DD8-44B557FB7CB0.jpeg52087F13-3E26-4AAF-9758-0F4BAB3C8E70.jpeg Interior

Leave a comment:

• OUR5T8BIRD
    replied
    Seams to lay down quite nice Bill and the wing screws are in the proper place . It does seem to narrow a bit right after the flipper lid which makes me think that it is one of the later reproductions . How do the pockets line up with the seat backs . that is the area where most owners have the problem . From what I can see , they did a nice job with the head rests on yours .

The first time I ever saw one was back in the early 80's down in California and would have to say it was probably one of the " T'Boyed " tonneau' s . Got lucky and found one a few years later for my '58 in the Hudson valley of New York state .

Leave a comment:

• Capt46
    replied
    Still aligning gaps 827ECA7A-6608-4EE9-8696-452D51C1D143.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• Capt46
    replied
    748F8AB3-64E9-4104-95E5-7BB3018B347D.jpeg8F12609D-681D-49AE-AA29-94043BD9D726.jpegD52D6079-0EDA-4902-B566-65ADF5B50EBD.jpeg07571E7D-A808-460A-88F1-C4393452D776.jpeg097C047A-8074-415F-BBD7-1631769041FA.jpeg984B4264-E2C9-47AD-952E-F8BDE7A1D9E4.jpeg87D89BB8-032C-4708-AE4D-0AAD171188A8.jpeg HLol yes it came with the car, it lines up well in the back I’ll take better pictures, it is a little wide about 1/8th on each side I must trim. I requested the bumper to fender filler rubber from Carl. Thank you for your interest Regards Bill
    Last edited by Capt46; April 19th, 2020, 12:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OUR5T8BIRD
    replied
    Originally posted by Capt46 View Post
    Thank you! Still quite a distance to go........ tonneau cover to be painted today, glass in doors to be installed then new top then interior but I’m happy so far with the results.
    Bill : Did your tonneau come with the car when you purchased it and how well does it line up with the seat backs ? It looks quite good in the pictures and not like some of the later reproductions . Also, do you have the seals for the corners of the front bumpers . Do not see them in the pictures . Sorry , don't mean to be picky . Car looks great .

Martin.

Leave a comment:

• Capt46
    replied
    All lights operating properly, all dash lights and ash tray and glovebox lights work correctly,
    new top being installed next week have it ready to go.
    have to change glass in both doors again due to new weather stripping on doors having to slam doors hard to close cracked both windows grrrrrrrr..... won’t change until weather strip is worked into shape. All interior installed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X