Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TweetyBird....errrrrr Horse..... Rides Again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tweety2 ThunderPony has new shoes! I have been wanting to get rid of those 20" Low Profile tires and rims for some time. The seem to find every bump and hole in the road, and I do not like them. I am used to having more rubber underneath me when driving. A week or two ago, I put an ad on the local Mustang newsletter, looking for someone who wanted to swap me for a set of OEM Mustang 18" tires and rims for my 20" Low Profiles. One of my fellow Tbird Club members said that the younger Mustang crowd might take me up on that offer and sure enough someone did! But he was not a young whippersnapper, but someone 20 years junior to me. He has several Mustangs, and just bought his wife a new 2020 Red Mustang and wants 20" Low Profiles on it. So this morning, after inspecting each others tires and rims, we met at Discount Tires and swapped the sets around. They are a direct swap both being P235/R50 97 W's. There was no problem swapping them and Discount Tires double checked to see if there was going to be any problems in swapping sets and there was not. So he got what I wanted and I got what I wanted, and like the ride on these OEM 18" tires and rims! The rims are different, but I like these chrome and black type and the looks of them. The black kinda offsets the yellow of the Mustang. Here are some pix.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Good on you Ray. I'd like to do the same with my Wifes 2001 Lexus SC 430 hard top convertible. We bought the car 5 years ago with the front wheels being 245/35/19 and the rear 275/30/19.
      Chris....From OZ.

Comment

Nice!! Looks great. I know what you mean about ride. I wanted 4 piston Brembos on my S197, but did not want to go to 19's (or larger) rims to keep the larger sidewall. Hard to find 18's that fit over big brakes.
        59-430-HT

Comment

Thanks for the comments! I see that the little Peel Here stickers are still on all four tires. In this picture, you can even see the tiny nubs around the tires that are still showing....

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

I thought I was finished adding things to Tweety 2 until the first of this month when I was at a Mustang club meeting. The Club Historian owns a 2015 Triple Yellow Convertible Mustang with the Pony pinstriped on the doors and rear quarters. Here is the picture... I thought that was pretty cool, but really did not want to duplicate it because then there would be 2 Triple Yellow Mustangs running around town with the same Pony on it. So I got to thinking about what I could put on my doors and found a great picture of.... You guessed it! Tweetybird in color! Soooo, I called a company that does pin striping, wrapping and decals.. They suggested to me that rather than pin striping Tweetybird onto the doors that they do a decal, which, they said would be easier and cheaper. Soooo, I had them make a decal of it and here are the results... I like it, and so do people when they see it... I think I am done decorating Tweety 2 now....

Comment

Cooooooooool Ray,

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

I was wrong when I said I thought I was finished decking out Tweety 2! The guys who did the Tweety door decals thought I needed one for the hood... Soooo, here it is! Lol... Now I think I am done...

Comment

Working...
                X