Announcement

Collapse

Price is right

Squarebirds.org has not raised our 'paid membership' fee in over 15 years. It remains at US$20 and it will NOT raise in 2022 or 2023 (pandemic, inflation, or not). - Dave
See more
See less

New Ride Of David & Elaine Lewis....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ride Of David & Elaine Lewis....

David Lewis and wife Elaine are the proud parents of a 1959 Raven Black Squarebird with black interior... David found our Forum just recently and called me and we have had a good number of conversations back and forth on the phone with both of them now. Elaine says she will become a member also, because she is going to be right there working with David on doing whatever will need to be done to get her really road ready, though she is in pretty condition now, it seems. Here is the one pic that David sent of what their '59 looks like and I hope to have more to post later.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

David & Elaine sent me a copy of their Data Plate and I was able to decode it for them. It left the factory with a 352ci engine in it, but a PO has installed a 302ci engine in it. I think the tranny is still a COM. It left the factory as a Colonial White Tbird with a Red/White interior, but a PO painted it Raven Black with a Black vinyl interior. They probably will not leave it that color combination. David says the paint job is not to bad, but it goes way back. So they are thinking of changing the color and the interior to their desires, since it is not the OEM color that it left the factory with anyway.. I will post more pix for them when they send them...

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

Beautiful Squarebird, David and Elaine.
      My latest project:
      CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Very nice David and Elaine. Look forward to more pics
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Elaine suspected that the original interior was red because she spotted red under the black interior coating. She was right, as it left the factory with the Trim Code 9X - Red/White. They did not know that the Tbird was OEM Colonial White though. They have learned a good bit about it's history from the previous owner, who was the 2nd owner. He bought it in 1970 from a friend who lives in their area, for his daughter to drive to school, which she did. I bet she got a lot of attention from the boys because of her Tbird! They will have information regarding the first owner soon also!

The son of the owner brought "Lady Penelope" (YES! That "Lady Penelope" from Thunderbirds Are Go! fame! Elaine is English so she knew exactly what she wanted to name their new-to-them Squarebird!) to them from 50 miles away, on a trailer. He stopped about a half mile from their house, and a text message was sent saying they were blocks away. They unloaded the Tbird, and drove around the corner to their street in it! They delivered it, and David & Elaine took it for a short spin around the neighborhood. He said it was thrilling to them and she is a solid car, it appears, and does not need anything to give them a tremendous amount of pleasure at the moment. They are looking forward to changing the paint scheme and interior to Turquoise and White, since that paint job is not the OEM color it left Wixom as, and goes back to 1980. It still looks good though as you can see in the picture.

They are going to start making a list of everything she will need for an external (and any internal) restoration. He already knows that the wipers are not working and I told him what to look for regarding that, and where the wiper motor is. I also suggested that he might want to put in the NewPort Engineering Electric Wiper Motor... He drove it to work this morning and had two quick offers of $10 grand and said "No Thanks!" There is also a problem with a door lock that needs to be checked into. They will list the things they see that need attention. I already told them about the CVR unit and to check their gauges and lights to see if they all work right. Since they are already Paid Members, they qualify for the special offer from Dave ~ simplyconnected to get their OEM CVR unit converted to his solid state one if needed.

They just got the Tbird last evening and as soon as they can, will start taking pix and sending them to me. They are quite excited to have found their Tbird, and our Forum, to say the least! More info as I get it!
          Last edited by YellowRose; June 21, 2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X