Welcome, 60BattleBird !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome, 60BattleBird !!

Welcome to Squarebirds, 60BattleBird! Leonard hales from North Texas and owns a 1960 Tbird. We always enjoy seeing pictures of our new users Tbird. As a Paid Member if you have anything you want to share with us you can post attachments directly on our server. To become one, have a PayPal account and click on the DONATE TO SITE link under the Tbird logo. It will take you to the PayPal link. You have two options, pay through PayPal or pay by Debit or Credit Card. If you do not have a PayPal account, see the Membership Benefits & Webspace Information post in the Announcements section of the Forum on how to pay by check. To post attachments as an unpaid user you can create an account on one of the free picture hosting websites, upload your pictures of your Tbird there and post the link to them in Our Rides Forum. Or you can send them to me, Ray Clark ~ YellowRose, John Pizzi ~ jopizz, or Dave Dare, our webmaster ~ simplyconnected and we will post them for you. We have the greatest Tbird Techies from around the world on here. If you need help with your Tbird post away in the 1958-1960 Squarebirds Forum. I would recommend that you save my phone number should you ever need to contact me. Should you have any problems navigating our Forum, please contact me, John or Dave. His phone number is 248-544-8834. Enjoy The Journey!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Leonard also welcome to our truly international site where you will find some of the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any questionsanswer where you canand participate often Great to see another 60 survivor and is she registered in the TBird registry on our site?
    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Thank you all so much for allowing me to be a part of this amazing community of Thunderbird owners! I apologize for the late response here but I actually just took delivery of my 1960 BattleBird yesterday. Paid $600 for her......I'll try and keep the story and reasoning behind this adventure short.

My son Liam (5yr old in Feb) has Williams Syndrome, a rare genetic disorder that causes a number of health issues (Liam had open heart surgery when he was 3 days old, has a feeding tube, etc) and developmental delays (he's still non-verbal but definitely talks "Liam talk"; he also has Apraxia so that complicates things as well). I've been struggling to find something that I can share with Liam as most of my ridiculous hobbies aren't really conducive to his needs. Back in highschool I rebuilt a couple engines with my dad for my 71 Torino GT, but I haven't messed with anything since (now 39yr old). Liam's shown a real affinity for helping fix things, be it replacing batteries in toys, helping with a screwdriver, etc and I figured what better than to find an engine to rebuild.

I was looking for a 429 but stumbled upon this Thunderbird that had a 460 in it. The guy was selling the car for $1300. After talking with him for a while about my plans and whatnot, he said "****, I'll sell you the car and engine for $600 and deliver it to you since I've already got it on my trailer.

So that's the story, now here's the issue.......I have no idea what I'm doing with regards to anything outside of simple engine work lol. I've never done any bodywork, however I've already looked into some of the resources y'all mentioned and I'm really looking forward to the journey! Most all the trim is there, the front and rear glass is in great shape, and the floor pans are actually pretty solid. Should be fun. My ultimate goal for the BattleBird is to make it into a "capable" road-course car (One of the greatest Thunderbird racing videos you'll ever see https://youtu.be/Ser-fqlT22M and that's with mostly stock suspension and whatnot lol).

Thanks again and I very much look forward getting to know y'all and learning from each of you!

Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Leavens View Post
        Leonard also welcome to our truly international site where you will find some of the most knowledgeable birders around. Ask any questionsanswer where you canand participate often Great to see another 60 survivor and is she registered in the TBird registry on our site?
        Thanks Dan! I've not yet registered her but will do so as soon as I get a chance to look for that vin this weekend.

Comment

Hi Leonard, you should find the Data Plate with the VIN # on it, and all the Data regarding what was on it when it left the factory, when you open the drivers door. There on the column the door shuts on you should see the Data Plate. IF it does not have one, then it will be a matter of looking in the engine bay, or in the case of a 1960 Squarebird, also in the area by the wiper cowling. Here is a pic of where to find that stamped VN #.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Leonard excellent project for father and son
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Originally posted by YellowRose View Post
              Hi Leonard, you should find the Data Plate with the VIN # on it, and all the Data regarding what was on it when it left the factory, when you open the drivers door. There on the column the door shuts on you should see the Data Plate. IF it does not have one, then it will be a matter of looking in the engine bay, or in the case of a 1960 Squarebird, also in the area by the wiper cowling. Here is a pic of where to find that stamped VN #.
              Managed to get the door unstuck! I'll be sure to get it on the Tbird registry asap. Thanks for the info/advice.

Comment

Working...
              X
              Warning: include(test.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78 Warning: include(test.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'test.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78