Trivia Question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scumdog
    replied
    If it was in New Zealand it would be 'C' - and at only 20,000 miles!

Leave a comment:

• dball
    replied
    My guess is B

Leave a comment:

• tbird430
    replied
    I'm guessing 'B'.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hey Ray,
    If you live in Kentucky the number is not listed We have the worse roads in this United States!!!
    Richard D. Hord

Leave a comment:

• Coral
    replied
    I'm with Bill...C...
    I've not driven in CA but WI, IL and IN and the roads are not smooth anywhere!

Leave a comment:

• simplyconnected
    replied
    I'm with JohnG. The first answer is once every 35-meters (or yards). I'm in the city and don't have any RR tracks. So, the first answer is too high (for me).

How long of a stroke are we talkin'? Cracks in the cement? They might stroke 1/4", or not at all, depending on the softness of your tires.

Cement driveway approaches? One inch.

Country washboard dirt roads in the spring? A thousand times per mile.
    Last edited by simplyconnected; April 16, 2010, 12:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    I am going with answer C. Having driven on your Californian roads, I dont think 87 million would be enough either.....

Leave a comment:

• redneck
    replied
    I would say 50 x per mile or one cycle every 100 feet of driving which equates to 2.5 million. The 25 million seems a bit high which would be every 10 feet of travel. The 87 million cycles would be a schock movement every 3 feet of travel which seems a bit too high.

Leave a comment:

• JohnG
    replied
    Ray, I'll go with the low number - 2.5 million.

This answer depends on the bumpiness of the roads. The ones in New England would cause this answer to be upped by a factor of 100 or so! Down your way it might be lower.

john

Leave a comment:

• YellowRose
    started a topic Trivia Question

Trivia Question

The shock absorbers and struts are cycling up and down whenever a car moves. The shock rod moves in and out and seals retain the oil and keep it moving through the right channels. Approximately how many times will a shock or strut have cycled after 50,000 miles?

A. 2.5 million times
    B. 25 million times
    C. 87 million times

I will tell you the answer after more members have a go at this!
    Last edited by YellowRose; April 15, 2010, 11:13 PM.
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎