Hope For Us All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope For Us All

I was watching the Barret Jackson auction last night in Las Vegas at The Mandala Bay Hotel with interest. I was wondering first and foremost, how many people and potential bidders would be there, given the current sub prime situation affecting everyone.There was certainly less people involved in the bidding than usual and a buddy called me to say there was lot's of room. I was delighted to see a beautifully retsored red 60 TBird convertible, go for $46K far above what we have seen over the last few years. It is usually the " baby birds " that attract this type of $$ and it is great that our " squarebirds" perhaps are coming of age.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Me Too

I was also watching it last night! I took notice of the smaller crowds, but chalked it up to a new location and perhaps not as many car-people.
    I don't think folks in the arena of that Ron Pratt travels in are feeling any $$$ pinch.

Comment

SandyBoy I think that Ron Pratt, is in a league all his own. It is too bad that the manificent cars he has purchased are in a private collection as it would be nice to have the public view them. Did you see the 48 Cadillac Zephyr convertible?? Man that was a nice colour and the chrome WOW!!

On another note, as we all have been busy over the summer, how are you feeling and hope all is well.
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Feelings.....

I cannot concieve how much $$ Ron Pratt has. He buys million dollar cars without blinking! A am in awe of him! IF there is life after death, I wanna be him.
        I am doing okay. My bad numbers are now perfect! Still getting Chemo 2X @ month every other week. For 7 days AFTER the infusion, I am "dog sick" and housebound. So... MY MONTH consists of about 15 days. I get it all done (whatever "it" is) in those 15 days. Sometimes it's tough & frustrating.
        My Cat Scan (CT) showed some remaing spoars on my liver, so.... we have to continue. (****ed!) Problem is....they never tell 'ya HOW LONG!!!
        To date...as I type this..... I have had 808 hours of Chemo since Feb 8th of this year. About 100 hours a month.
        It make ya sick feeling. totally numb fingertips, stomach ache come & goes like the wind, Stone-dead feeling toes, and extremely dIzZy in the morning when ya awaken. Takes about 30 minutes to go away.
        IF IF IF I get upset over something....I immediately get DiZzY - - so, I try to keep calm.
        I am dealing with it all and am hopeful to beat this, or delay the worst.
        'Ya try HARD NOT to think about "the worst case scenero" - but it's away in the back room of your brain.
        All the nurses in CCU at the hospital LOVE ME, as they say I am the only
        out patient there that make them laugh and has not given up the fight and is at ease with it all. So, I like that.
        What ya gonna do? Give up ? I might -- one day - but not yet.
        I have more cars to buy, I can't leave yet !!!

Thank you your interest. I am feeling terrific today ---
        BUT I will be back in the hospital for 6 hours this coming Tuesday,
        10 AM to 4PM
        Last edited by SandyBoy; October 18, 2008, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Hope For Us All

Dan, thanks for asking how SandyBoy is doing! And SandyBoy, thanks for filling us in how how it is going and what you are still going through. You have the right attitude and outlook. Having gone through several different types of chemo with my wife, I have an idea of what you are experiencing... Hang in there, Buddy. There are some Tbirds in your future who are looking for you to save them!!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Oh, No

Oh No more cars! I can barely take care of what I own. It's alot of work to keep them "brochure perfect" - most have won trophies but I am not a trophy-hound. I go & do for the fun of it all. I have 6 cars, one is my wife's daily driver. and one is my daily driver and 4 are "Show Cars" ~~ Plus our 24 Y.O. son lives at home and his is car lives here, too.
            It's foreign, so I try & keep it covered !!
            It's getting cold here in Jersey, highs only in the low 50s. Soon the hose will be going in the basement & no more car washing ((My Hobby)) !!
            End of season. Not my favorite time of the year!

I miss Alexander. Has ANYONE found Julie? If so, coule you please e-mail me her tele. #

My e-mail is: cigarsandy@comcast.net
            Thanks.

Comment

SandyBoy I have been texting with Marianne ( Alexander's sister ) and I have Julie's new phone number. I have tried several times to connect up with her, as I would like to know if she still has Alexander's PC. As you can appreciate, this would be very beneficial to our site. Once I make the connection, I will send you an e-mail PM with her phone number.

Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Sandy Boy
                Hangin there you have alot more car shows to go and next spring you can start washing cars again, I don't blame you for keeping that one car covered up.

Comment

It was my car cover, but I told him that I'd give it to him, as his is an outside dweller. Really I was afraid some car buddies might cruise by and snap a pic or two and post 'em on the web ! (Or threaten such and wanna sell the pics to me !
                  OH.....
                  and I use SandyBoy 'cause I am so sick of using Sandy and others hidden faces on the web thinking I am female ! Thusly... SandyBoy

My REAL 1st name is Sanford, but I have NO mental recall of anyone ever using that, X-cept my late Mom, and only when I was "in trouble" in her eyes!!
                  Female is Sandi by the way.... Like Toni & Tony or Andi & andy.

If anyone wants I'll post links to my car pics. Sorry.... No T-Birds.
                  I would like a 1960 T-Bird Convert.

One of my EX cars was featured on Friday night's CBS Channel 3 in Phila, Pa. during the weather forcast !! Did any of you see the 1986 Mark 6 in Playboy Pink? I ordered it with SOP (Special Order Paint) for my wife's
                  2nd Anniversary gift from me.
                  If not, perhaps I can post the link.

Here is the link .... but you have to watch to the very end!! It's the very last 10 seconds!
                  The weather forcast is for yesterday, today, tomorrow and the next 7 days.
                  But....there is no other way to do it.
                  Link:

http://cbs3.com/video/?id=66609@kyw.dayport.com
                  Last edited by SandyBoy; October 19, 2008, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyBoy View Post
                    All the nurses in CCU at the hospital LOVE ME, as they say I am the only
                    out patient there that make them laugh and has not given up the fight and is at ease with it all. So, I like that.
                    What ya gonna do? Give up ? I might -- one day - but not yet.
                    I have more cars to buy, I can't leave yet !!!

Thank you your interest. I am feeling terrific today ---
                    BUT I will be back in the hospital for 6 hours this coming Tuesday,
                    10 AM to 4PM
                    I just love your attitude - as they say "We're all in the same line from womb to tomb - it's the number of laughs we get on the journey that's the important bit"

Keep posting SandyBoy!!!
                    A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Good Food

New Zealand ?
                      I buy your country's Lamb. I like Lamb chops.
                      Ya got some beautiful countryside there.
                      Sadly, I've only seen pictures.

Nice peaceful country. Anyone ever hear of
                      War in New Zealand ?? Thought not.

Whose countries cars (new) are available
                      there??

Comment

Sandy, they do have war in New Zealand. It's called rugby & cricket and its against Australia . I know Scumdog & Petrolhead will agree with me there. The sporting rivalry between our two countries is legendary and it is the only war we want. History also proves that when it was required the Aussies and Kiwis (New Zealanders) stood shoulder to shoulder to defend our part of the globe.
                        sigpicBill
                        Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

Ane

................. and the cars are ??

Comment

I dunno about New Zealand Sandy, but over here in Aussie we have Ford and Holden produced locally along with some assembly of various Japanese cars (Nissan, Toyota etc) and you can buy all manner of imports from Tata and Skoda to Aston Martin & Lambo's.

Interestingly with the exception of Jeep that are marketed widely, we dont have a great array of US vehicles like Chev, Lincoln & the like. The top selling Ford here is still the Falcon in various guises and GM is represented by the Commodore. Sadly the highest selling marque in Australia is Toyota. It's an indictement on our high cost of local wages and general production costs.

Like the US I would imagine, the V8 market here is down due to fuel costs, and even the current drop in per barrell price has not been carried through to the pump price - funny that, oil companies profiteering.

Hope that answers your question!
                            sigpicBill
                            Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

Sandy, Penelope missed one battlefield - the Ford vs Holden rivalry, that's normally fought over a beer and a barbecue. It's like your Ford vs Chevy I guess, but probably more violent.
                              Car wise, Commodore's regularily New Zealand's top seller for many months of the year. It's built in Australia, and also built left-hand drive and sold in US and the Middle East as a Chevy Lumina, plus the coupe version is sold in the US as your high performance Pontiac coupe) But like Aussie, our top seller overall is always a Toyota (Corolla), and our new car market is probably 70 per cent Japanese, with the balance being Australian Falcon and Commodore, and the Euros like Peugeot, VW, Audi etcetera.
                              We too get some US stuff, because our market is so tiny we normally piggy back on Australia; if Aussie gets a new Dodge, we'll pick it up too.
                              We used to have a car assembly industry, but our govt removed all import licences and trade restrictions on used vehicles, so we were flooded with Japan's second-hand cast-offs. The new car industry couldn't compete, the plants shut down in the mid to late 1980s,and people lost jobs.
                              To give you an idea of market volume compared to the US, TOTAL new car sales for september was 8500 vehicles. Our annual new car sales sits at around 95,000.
                              But hey, it's not all bad. We get 425hp rear drive Falcons and Commodores off the showroom floor, so the muscle car isn't dead, yet. They cost around NZD$60,000 or US$37,000

Comment

Working...
                              X