Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our Great Webmaster, Dave Dare ~ simplyconnected Is Recovering From Surgery!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can tell you that earlier this evening, I had a lengthy phone call from Dave from his hospital room! He sounded like his old self, and is recovering. They want to make certain that they do have any and all infection out of that toe area before they close it up. They have him on 3 strong antibiotics to knock out any infection. It looks like the plan is to make sure they have everything under control, and then suture it up, and send him on his way home to Robin. He is getting around with a cane to maintain his equilibrium as he walks. Being 6'4", he has a problem fitting into a hospital bed that is not made for someone as tall as he is! Nor does it have the mattress that he is used to sleeping on. He does not have a computer with him, so he has not been able to view the Forum. But he knows via me, that all seems to be well with it. Both he and Robin have expressed their deep thanks for the thoughts and prayers expressed by our fellow Forum members for his full recovery. I have informed him that a lot more people are praying for him and Robin, than they know of... They appreciate that very much. Hopefully, in a few more days, you will see his User ID pop up on the Forum!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Ray we ALL look forward to his return to the comforts of his home and to our squarebirds.org site.
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

I had been wondering how Dave was doing today, after not hearing anything from either Robin or Dave yesterday. This evening, Dave called me from the hospital and Robin updated me in email. Dave was commenting that he was tired of trying to fit his 6'4" frame into a bed that is something less than that, and a mattress that does not give him a lot of support. He was also hankering for something better in the way of Robin's cooking rather than the hospital food. He also told me that they have a PIC Line in him and he will be going home with that, it looks like. I will tell you what Robin had to say regarding the treatment he is receiving and when it looks like he might be released. Which Dave also filled me in on. Apparently, they don't stitch up an amputated member like they used to...

"Hi Ray, Dave will be in the hospital for the weekend. Dr was in and said to Dave, "I'll see you Monday". He is having negative pressure wound therapy now. It's called a wound vac. It is like a vacuum which aids in healing the wound faster. So, maybe Monday he will come home. The Dr didn't say that, but we will find out then. Dave is disappointed but as accepting as 'he' can be. I don't blame him. He really was hoping he would come home. I was too, but I know it's not time yet. Thank you all for continued prayers. There is improvement daily, so prayers are working, and we so appreciate them! Happy Easter, and God's blessings to all on this blessed holiday weekend! In appreciation, Robin Dare".

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

I am very pleased to report that Robin has just emailed me to tell me that Dave is home from the hospital! Here is what she had to say...

"Hi Ray, Dave was discharged late this afternoon. We pulled in the driveway just after 5:00p.m. Since then, we received 3 separate deliveries, (IV pole, refrigerated anti biotics, and wound care supplies) and 3 phone calls from home infusion care and home health. He came home with the wound vac, and has an appointment Thursday. He relaxed in his recliner, watched tv, and had dinner. He's pretty tired and is on his way to bed now. He's very happy to be home!
          Robin."

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers as he continues his recovery from the surgery. If you see his simplyconnected icon online on the Forum, you will know that he either has his puter up and running again, or might be on the Forum checking things out... Welcome Home, Dave!

Comment

Ray thanks for the update, as we also reached out to Robin yesterday when we heard. We are ALL glad that Dave ( Simplyconnected) has been released and can finally sleep in his own bed and recover. Dave also welcome home and don't rush the recovery as it takes time from surgery.
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Yesterday afternoon, I received an enjoyable phone call from Dave at home. Enjoying the afternoon from the back porch, throwing the ball to one of the dogs, and playing with him. He was in good spirits, adjusting to being home with Robin again, who is his nurse. He has not been on his computer since March 22nd, but we should be seeing him shortly, as he gets used to moving around the house with his IV stand, and I gather, a cane to help support him...

Comment

Ray we are all glad that Dave has the " comforts of home " along with Robin on his recovery. I know that he missed the dogs and they certainly missed him
                Thunderbird Registry
                58HT #33317
                60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Thanks, Dano! I have been asked if it is possible to send Dave a get well card, and after asking Robin, she responded with this... "Yes, absolutely. I know Dave would appreciate that! Thanks, Ray!". So here is Dave's snail mail address: Dave & Robin Dare, 2112 N. Vermont Ave, Royal Oak, MI 48073-4204.

Comment

Hey get well soon Dave - that way Robin won't be worrying about you so much! Seriously, I wish you speedy recovery.

BTW: I can almost match you for 'injury' - got my left leg pinned under a moving vehicle (long story!) at this years Beach Hop and ended up with seven stiches, a whole lot of bruising and multiple grazes/lacerations - but I still have both big toes!
                    A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Thanks, Tom! Sorry to hear about your injury! You had not told me about that. I hope those have healed well. For those of you who would like to send E-Card Get Well Greetings, you can do that also. Dave should be getting back into his email by now, I hope. I have used 123Greatings for years to send E-Cards, so you may want to check that out. Here is the link to the Get Well Card section... https://www.123greetings.com/general/getwell/

Comment

Thanks to everyone for your prayers and well-wishes. This is the first time I'm on our forum since 3-26-21. Each day brings more healing and a better outlook. Tomorrow at noon-thirty, Robin and I will visit the Plastic Surgeon in his office. I've only seen him at Henry Ford Hospital with his team.

Robin has been by my my side every day. The RNs taught her to do the antibiotics through my PICC line but she hasn't done the dressing yet. I'm hoping the doc will close the wound and take this vacuum pump off tomorrow.

I received a very nice card from Leonard and Deb Wheeler, an E-card from Ray and hundreds of posts on facebook. Thank God and all my loved ones for your support. And yes, I certainly love all of our Squarebird.org international family.

Sorry to hear about your leg, Tom. I hope it fully recovers. - Dave
                        My latest project:
                        CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Welcome back, Dave! Earlier today, I had an enjoyable talk with him, and he was doing well and sounded great. We are certainly glad to have him back active on the Forum again. Robin has been taking great care of him... Luckily, we had no Forum problems that John ~ jopizz, Dano ~ Dan Leavens, or myself, could not handle. We pray for continued good news from his Surgeon tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by simplyconnected View Post
                            Thanks to everyone for your prayers and well-wishes. This is the first time I'm on our forum since 3-26-21. Each day brings more healing and a better outlook. Tomorrow at noon-thirty, Robin and I will visit the Plastic Surgeon in his office. I've only seen him at Henry Ford Hospital with his team.

Robin has been by my my side every day. The RNs taught her to do the antibiotics through my PICC line but she hasn't done the dressing yet. I'm hoping the doc will close the wound and take this vacuum pump off tomorrow.

I received a very nice card from Leonard and Deb Wheeler, an E-card from Ray and hundreds of posts on facebook. Thank God and all my loved ones for your support. And yes, I certainly love all of our Squarebird.org international family.

Sorry to hear about your leg, Tom. I hope it fully recovers. - Dave
                            Welcome back!!!
                            59-430-HT

Comment

As mentioned: Great to have you (and your knowledge and experience) back on the site.
                              Make sure you look after yourself, as you found out what would have been a minor issue forty years ago tend to be a bit more serious as we age.

And thanks for the wellwishing about my leg - it IS mending but oh so slowly it seems.(Or I'm just impatient - that's what Christine tells me)
                              A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Working...
                              X