Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Leavens
    replied
    Ray as I mentioned to you in my email earlier here in Calgary, Alberta Canada ( and most of the Northeast USA) we call 3" of snow a light dusting

Leave a comment:

• YellowRose
    replied
    As of 2am this morning, I had 3" of snow in my yard. About 3am it had all moved east and it is clear now. But we are still at 10 degrees, nearly unheard of temp for here. It will not get above freezing today, though the sun is shining well. Many of our major freeways and roads are ice over and closed, schools closed, and other businesses. We will not see daytime temps above freezing until Wednesday and will be in the night freezing zone until this Saturday. I have had about 9 power failures so far. Our CPS is dropping the power about every 15-20 minutes, across the city, trying to conserve power. So it has been 15-20 minutes of power, and then 15-20 no power. Something that we have not experienced before that I am aware of. We usually do not have many power outages here. Only if we have big storms, or snow and ice, the former we get much more of rather than the snow and ice. Some climatologists have been predicting the beginning of a new Ice Age, and that might be the reason for this. Here is a picture of my front yard about 3am this morning. BTW, Tweety 2 is sitting warm in her garage and not out in the snow...

Leave a comment:

• Pat in Ma
    replied
    Thanks for the pics Ray, Hope you can stay safe and warm and enjoy the snow for a VERY short time
    and then get back to normal there. Hope those who have never had the chance, enjoy your rare snow
    fall and appreciate the nice weather you normally have.

Leave a comment:

• YellowRose
    replied
    At this time, the snow has stopped, and cleared off to the east of us about an hour ago. Temp is about 10 degrees, with about 3" of snow on my lawn... Under all that snow on the streets is ice! The City has been closing down freeways, sanding roads, and I guess trying to plow the snow off the roads. And encouraging everyone to stay home, stay warm and stay off the roads. We have had several fairly short duration power outages since around midnight, as CPS struggles to keep the power on across the city. Me, I have been snoozing on the couch in between all this, staying under covers to keep warm when the AC is off. But for us, it appears that the big snow storm has swept through us and all we have left is extreme cold temps. We will not get above freezing today, and will not get above freezing at night until next Saturday! These are the coldest temps I have seen here for about the last 20 or more years, maybe 30 or so. The lowest temp I have ever seen here has been 9 degrees. I can only hope that this will be the last big Cold Front that we will see this Winter... Hopefully, I can get some more sleep and the power will stay on. Here are a couple more pix taken just a few minutes ago from my front door... I hope I can get this out before we lose power again... I am aware that what we are having is nothing compared to what a good part of the northern areas in this country are experiencing. Ya have to realize that we don't normally get this kind of cold weather in South Central Texas! North and West Texas, yes! DFW is really snowed in from what I hear.. This is the kind of weather I was used to in PA and Colorado!

Leave a comment:

• YellowRose
    started a topic It Is SNOWING In San Antonio!

It Is SNOWING In San Antonio!

Being located in South Central Texas, we normally do not see much of this...
    It is 16 degrees and SNOWING in San Antonio. I have about an inch on my lawn and driveway so far. It rarely snows here, and the last BIG snow we had was years ago when Johnny Carson hosted the Tonight Show. We had 14 1/2" of snow one weekend and it took us several days to clear the city. We are not equipped for snow removal like northern cities are. At 16 degrees there are neighbors out playing in the snow and setting off fireworks! It is predicted to snow until about 2-3am and then let up. I know this is nothing like many of you get to the North of us, but there are people who live here that have never seen snow on their lawns til now. Here is a picture.
Working...
X