Derecho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derecho

In case you missed the derecho this is some of the aftermath. We went 6 days without power. Some are still waiting, possibly another week in areas.

Wow, Kyle, I had heard about some pretty severe damage in that part of the country, but had not seen a lot of damage it caused. I did not even know that storm had a name... We got nothing out of the Hurricane that came in south of Corpus Christri, not even much rain, which we badly need... It went in to far south of us and then into Mexico...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

The storm was equivalent to a category 2 hurricane with only about an hour warning before it hit us. Last figures I saw for Iowa
      ​​13 million acres of cops damaged or destroyed, tens of millions of commercial grain storage destroyed, and millions of in farm storage destroyed.
      The city of Cedar Rapids lost half of it's tree canopy. Looks like a war zone.

Comment

Kyle it is hoped that all are okay and the communities (cities) recover in time.
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

I'm with Dan. My thoughts and prayers are with all Iowans who suffered through the terrible devastation. 'Things' can be replaced but life is very fragile and far more vulnerable. BTW, if you don't have an emergency generator, you may consider getting one that puts out at least 5,000 watts (two 20-amp circuits at 115 vac or one 20 amp circuit at 230 vac). - Dave
          My latest project:
          CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

We were lucky enough to find a couple the day after the storm. Looking at installing a standby for the whole house now.

Comment

Kyle, I certainly hope that ya'll came through that huge storm without sustaining major damages to your property! I saw pix of the damage it caused on the news. Dave has certainly put his emergency generator to good use over the years, considering the weather they can get in his area...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Actually all the pictures I posted were from my house and our family farm, so we took on a lot of damage. It can be rebuilt. We are still in the process of determining if we will be able to harvest much the corn, or if it is too far gone.
                i have had enough of this year.

Comment

Working...
                X