Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTN: Those Of You In Texas...

Texas Street Rod/Custom Law Change

Here is something that was just brought to my attention by a friend. Source: Winter 2014 semaSAN Driving Force bulletin.

In response to comments from the SAN (SEMA Action Network), Texas regulations have been amended to remove a provision dis-allowing the titling of vehicles without "a body, motor and frame manufactured by a motor-vehicle manufacturer." Under the amended regulations, such vehicles may be registered using the street-rod and custom vehicle law passed by the state's legislature in 2011. The 2011 law, a product of SEMA-model legislation, provides that vehicles that are made to resemble older vehicles, but which have been altered from those older vehicle's original manufacturer's designs or constructed from non-original materials, may be titled as street rods and custom vehicles. The regulatory change ensures vehicles without an original manufacturer body, motor and frame can be titled under the street-rod and custom vehicle law going forward. The DMV also indicated that vehicles constructed with original steel bodies and frames can no longer be erroneously branded "replicas."

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Working...
X