Hurricane Frances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Frances

I hope Thunderbird owners in Floriday make it through this coming hurricane all right.

How does it look down in Florida, Travlin?

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

RE: Hurricane Frances

>I hope Thunderbird owners in Floriday make it through this
    >coming hurricane all right.
    >
    >How does it look down in Florida, Travlin?
    >
    >Alexander
    >1959 Hardtop
    >1960 Golde Top

Well, Frances has slowed down quite a bit (6mph). It's still offshore and has been downgraded to a Cat 2 however it's projected path is still right over my town (Lakeland). And moving at 6 mph, it'll have a lot of time to dump a projected 12-20 inches of rain on an already soaked Florida.

Another bad thing about it moving so slowly -- Even if the winds are down to "just" tropical force, it'll have a longer time to inflict damage. Think about it ... 120 mph for 10 minutes or 70 mph for 2 hours? Which one is worse?

Comment

>I hope Thunderbird owners in Floriday make it through this
      >coming hurricane all right.
      >
      >How does it look down in Florida, Travlin?
      >
      >Alexander
      >1959 Hardtop
      >1960 Golde Top

The eye moved over us about two hours ago. We were without power for around six hours, with it coming back online about an hour ago. Definitely feel luckier then most Floridians (over 2 million statewide without power). Presently feeling the brunt of the backside of Frances -- Seems like it's stronger then what we already went through.

Lost another tree in the back yard, and glad I moved my pickup out from under the pine at the end of the driveway -- It would be wearing a 225 lb branch right about now.

My Bird is still safe for now, still on stands (I have 4 of them under her hiney), although my computer room has apparently gotten water up under the roof and into the wiring.

After blowing the circut breaker several times I noticed my ceiling tile sagging in one spot right next to one of the overhead fan/light combos. Tells me I have a new leak in the roof.

Oh the joys of living in Hurricane Central.

Comment

Sorry to hear you had some damage, but all week they were predicting it could have been much worse.

I am glad yu and your 'Bird are safe and sound.

Alexander
        1959 Hardtop
        1960 Golde Top
        Alexander
        1959 Hard Top
        1960 Golde Top
        sigpic

Comment

>Sorry to hear you had some damage, but all week they were
          >predicting it could have been much worse.
          >
          >I am glad yu and your 'Bird are safe and sound.
          >
          >Alexander
          >1959 Hardtop
          >1960 Golde Top

I was wrong in my original post -- My drivers side door glass was apparently hit by something as it's now cracked both inside and out (two seperate cracks, virtually the same).

Comment

Working...
          X