Announcement

Collapse

Price is right

Squarebirds.org has not raised our 'paid membership' fee in over 15 years. It remains at US$20 and it will NOT raise in 2022 or 2023 (pandemic, inflation, or not). - Dave
See more
See less

I'm back been out for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back been out for a while

Hello all

I've been off here for awhile got into a car accident, about 1.5 years ago and had the have 2 operation on my wrist (left and being left handed) and left me unable to work on my t-bird. They ended up removing 3 bones.

But all better now and working on the t-bird when I left off I need to get the exhuast welded up in place, got that done friday, now working on shift collor old one was wore out so replaced it yesterday.

Has anyone tried one of these kits?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/350580640812...84.m1423.l2649

For disc brakes, read some of the other posted. Once the brakes are done it ready for the body work and paint.

One last thing any sq-bird people in Tenn just bought a house there and will be retiring there next year.

That's all for now.

Dennis

Hey Dennis,
    Glad your getting better and hope everything works out
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

Welcome back, Tully. I see you are posting with no problem. Great! It's also great to hear you're able to resume your restoration.

This seems to be the general thought about painting a car:
      Originally posted by tully View Post
      ...Once the brakes are done it ready for the body work and paint...
      It kinda strikes me funny because when our cars were painted they came straight from the Body Shop as bare steel. It is far easier to paint when nothing is in the way and nothing needs to be masked.

I kinda went through this with Ray Clark. He did his trim before paint and ended up pulling parts of his new headliner off, just to remove some of his outside chrome. Same story with his trunk. He trimmed it, then pulled it all out to paint. I guess his idea was, he didn't want air hoses messing up the paint. In the assembly plants, all the trim is assembled after the body is painted. The cars come out looking beautiful because they simply cover the paint while they are in-process. - Dave
      My latest project:
      CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Tull also welcome back and glad to hear all turned out well.
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
        X