X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DKheld
    Super-Experienced
    • Aug 27 2008

Pic for Anders

Was out at the hardware store yesterday - thought you might get a kick out of these two wagons that I found in the back of the parking area

Eric

(sorry the pic is so small - only had my phone camera)
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

Thanks, GREAT!
    My childhoods Volvos. The one closest is a Amazon ( it was called Amazon in Sweden. Also known as 121, 122, 123 model ) and a 245. Have in mind, Iīm born here in Gothenburg where Volvo are from. As a matter of fact, we lived just over the street from Volvo, and the factory was the background to the street on our back side. Volvo Trucks is still at the old location. Funny thing is that back in the days, early ī60, the test drivers for the trucks drove around "in the hood" with a bare chassie sitting on a lemonad box with opend engine and transmission. No body , and they drove like Nascar drivers. We loved it. Our parents didnīt....
    Great to see these cars still on the road.

Again, Big Thanks!
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• DKheld
      Super-Experienced
      • Aug 27 2008

That's a cool story - knew you had some ties to Volvo but didn't realize the factory was so close growing up.

Glad you enjoyed the pic and nice to hear it brought back some fun memories - Thanks for letting us in on the fun.

Eric

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎