Hurricane Sandy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Sandy

Hope all my east coast friends fare well with Sandy. I spent the day battening down the hatches. Ive got Lucille tucked away the best I can with a waterproof car cover and some ratchet ties to hold it down.

Weve got the generator fueled up, flashlights charged and plenty of food and water. Now we wait.

VTCI# 11860
    58HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37043 (Sold)

60HT - Thunderbird Registry Number: 37252 "Lucille" (Sold)

Are you far enough away from falling limbs??

Relatives live in NJ on the coast and have left for their winter home in TN. Lets all hope it isn't as bad as predicted.

Comment

Luckily I don't have any overhanging limbs. I've been watching the news and the Jersey shore is already getting some strong winds and high tides. Hope this storm somehow gets pushed out farther to see. There are still allot of people that have not fully recovered from the last big storm last year.
      VTCI# 11860

Comment

I was just thinking about you east coast guys yesterday.

Keep your heads-up & generators fueled-up. Might be wise to fill-up with gas on everything you own too, in case those refineries raise fuel prices up.

My family will be keeping you guys in our thoughts & prayers....

-Jon in TX.
        sigpic
        The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Hurricane Sandy

Marcelo and all in the path of "Sandy", ya'll will be in my thoughts and prayers, as are my three brothers and all their families. They are all in the direct path of this hurricane, being in Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania... I spoke with them this evening and they are planning on riding it out. Not much anywhere they can go.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

State of Emergency here at 4pm. Looks like the storm is coming right thru here Not much we can do but ride it out. Secured the boat yesterday, most toys in the garage. Expecting 90 mph winds.
            sigpic
            Mike Lemmon
            '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

Originally posted by fomoco59 View Post
              State of Emergency here at 4pm. Looks like the storm is coming right thru here Not much we can do but ride it out. Secured the boat yesterday, most toys in the garage. Expecting 90 mph winds.
              Wow, all the way up by you? Aren't you much farther North West of me?

Good luck!

I've got my flashlight ready!

VTCI# 11860

Comment

Hurricane Sandy

To all our members in the path of Hurricane Sandy... Stay Safe, My Friends... let us know how you have fared after she blows through..

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

Here's a video clip from my front door. We haven't gotten much rain but the wind is starting to pick up. The Hurricane should be making land fall in the next few hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G-XE...ature=youtu.be
                  VTCI# 11860

Comment

Originally posted by NYsquarebird58 View Post
                    Hope all my east coast friends fare well with Sandy. I spent the day battening down the hatches. Ive got Lucille tucked away the best I can with a waterproof car cover and some ratchet ties to hold it down.

Weve got the generator fueled up, flashlights charged and plenty of food and water. Now we wait.

Keep an eye on that, if the wind gets those tiedowns moving up and down, you could find some nasty dents in your hood.....

Comment

Originally posted by NYsquarebird58 View Post
                      Here's a video clip from my front door. We haven't gotten much rain but the wind is starting to pick up. The Hurricane should be making land fall in the next few hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G-XE...ature=youtu.be

Thanks for sharing & stay safe.
                      sigpic
                      The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Hurricane Sandy

I have talked with my brothers on the East Coast this morning. They have all survived without damage and still have their power. Some of their family members have lost power, but no major damages have occurred to them. I hope we will get good news from our many members in that area when they can get back on the Forum. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Comment

Hope everyone of you in the "Sandy" vicinity is safe and in good health.

Comment

All s good here just a mess. Going to work was like drivin on corn flakes. Now work was another story. (10 square of roof in the driveway) Hey nobody hurt.

Comment

Hurricane Sandy

Hey Bill, good to hear from you and that all is okay there under the circumstances. I hope we hear from a lot more as they recover, who will check in and let us know how their fared.

Comment

Working...
                              X