Pro Products 80009 balancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro Products 80009 balancer

Anyone used a pro products 80009 harmonic balancer ? It’s designed to be used with FE’s but I have doubts about the pulley alignment. My original damper ran three pulleys, this new one can take the original two pulley item that bolted to the original balancer (unbolt the single pulley in the pic and bolt on the original double). Trouble is I’m sure this setup will push the line of the pulleys forward by maybe 0.75 inch.
    if anyone has successfully used one I’d be interested to see the final setup.

Jon
    Jon
    Deepest Hertfordshire
    Old enough to know I'm right...
    1960 Hardtop T'bird
    1961 Hotchkiss M201

This unit is intended as a replacement or to mimic the 427 engine applications, and is different in its' presentation verses others. You will have to establish proper positioning and required spacing on your own, with the specific components to be instituted; even the timing pointer was different.

Scott.

Comment

Hi Scott
      it is a larger diameter than the stock item but it comes with a modified timing pointer to get round that. I was hoping that someone may have already gone down this route and proved that it’s workable.

Jon
      Jon
      Deepest Hertfordshire
      Old enough to know I'm right...
      1960 Hardtop T'bird
      1961 Hotchkiss M201

Comment

Working...
      X