X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OUR5T8BIRD
    Experienced
    • Mar 1 2017

Complete Sliding roof for a Golde top for sale

Was contacted today by an old acquaintance that has a section of roof with the sliding sun roof, all intact and working that he wishes to part with. Seems to be in working condition with all mechanical parts in place . If anyone is interested in this type of project, send me a pm and I will get you the contact .
  • kowalj04
    Experienced
    • Jan 10 2021

PM sent
    Jim Kowal
    Thunderbird Registry #82613

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
      Experienced
      • Mar 1 2017

This item is still for sale and owner is willing to barter ( lower the price ) .

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
        Experienced
        • Mar 1 2017

This item is heading for the dumpster if no one wants it for next to nothing . A complete unit that is hard to find . Come pick it up for $ 150.00 , just the parts would be that much .

Comment

• OX1
          Super-Experienced
          • Feb 10 2016

Where is it?
          59-430-HT

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

If Martin has it now it is in Canada where he is.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
              Experienced
              • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by YellowRose
              If Martin has it now it is in Canada where he is.
              Not at my place but owner is east of Toronto . I can send you pictures if you wish . Just send me a PM and I will respond and get particulars for you .

Comment

• kowalj04
                Experienced
                • Jan 10 2021

I had spoke to you and also the owner last September about it. I remember I had two challenges at the time. One challenge was the border restrictions, which is no longer in effect. The other challenge was the dimensions. I have a folding back seat, and I remember the owner telling me the current dimensions and it was a little too much. Do you think the owner would be willing to help sawzall/cutoff wheel and trim the panel to get it to fit in my car? I do not know the person and the status of power/air at the parts location.
                Jim Kowal

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
                  Experienced
                  • Mar 1 2017

Hi Jim : Hope all is well over in Buffalo . Was out your way a few weeks ago to deliver a tonneau to a shipper who would not cross the border for some reason . We met over in Depew . Worked out well . If you wish , I can give the owner of the parts a call tomorrow and see what he has to say . I would assume, if you buy the top, you can do with it as you wish . Any way you could pull a small trailer with your vehicle ? Be glad to help in any way I can .

Martin.

Comment

• kowalj04
                    Experienced
                    • Jan 10 2021

I'll explore the trailer option, however I'm not sure that is doable currently. I remember when I spoke to him he measured the part while I was measuring the car trunk. I think it was something like 4 inches too tight. Anyways I have a family member flying Toronto to Europe on July 2nd, and I was going to drop them off and pick them up, or they were going to park the car at the airport for 2 weeks, that decision was in the air. I was probably heading that way soon. When you say East of Toronto, do you know how far from the city/main airport?
                    Jim Kowal

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
                      Experienced
                      • Mar 1 2017

Jim " Talked with Bill this morning by phone . He said the sliding roof is in Whitby , just east of Toronto on 401 Hwy where he lives . Depending on Traffic , it would be about 45 min. to 1 hr. to there from the Airport . As for cutting ( trimming ) the roof to make it fit in your vehicle, there may be some shops in the area that could do it if not on a weekend . Not sure if you still have his number to contact him, but best if you talk with him personally to make arrangements . Good luck,

martin.

bills numbers ; 905-430-7288 - home ; 289-892-7132 , cell .

Comment

• kowalj04
                        Experienced
                        • Jan 10 2021

Martin,

Thank you for facilitating this whole ordeal. I finally made it up to Whitby yesterday and the sunroof is now at its new home in New York. I also got three stanchions, one of which is usable as a template. At some point I'll take the panel out and see if the small pieces inside are in good shape.

Jim
                        Jim Kowal

Comment

• YellowRose
                          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Jim, I am very pleased to see this worked out! It would have been such a waste to see it go into the trash! Hopefully you will be able to put it to good use! Thanks for letting us know!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• OUR5T8BIRD
                            Experienced
                            • Mar 1 2017

Originally posted by kowalj04
                            Martin,

Thank you for facilitating this whole ordeal. I finally made it up to Whitby yesterday and the sunroof is now at its new home in New York. I also got three stanchions, one of which is usable as a template. At some point I'll take the panel out and see if the small pieces inside are in good shape.

Jim
                            Good to hear Jim and thanks for the notification . Hope you can put it to good use .

Martin.

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎