1959 tbird needs an extension housing for the trans. casting pbe-7651-b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 tbird needs an extension housing for the trans. casting pbe-7651-b

430 engine w/large case cruisomatic. the extension housing is cracked at the mounting bolt holes. been searching for a replacement to no avail. (tried to send photos but website says i don't have permission to attach them)
    There are 6 mounting bolt holes and length is 18 inches long
    j

Jay, read the Private Message I just sent you regarding posting pix on out Forum....

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

This same post was already moved once to the Parts Wanted/For Sale forum where it should be. Please put your posts in the correct forum. They will get more responses that way.

John
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

I just went through this a few months ago. Spent days..to weeks..No luck either. Of course you probably know these large cases were only used behind the 430 birds and Lincolns. But the large cases on Lincolns had a much longer tail shaft and housing so they won't either. I believe there were only about 1200 birds built with 430s,I may be wrong but its slim pickn's to none! Sorry. But since you have an old housing I'm sure it could be welded up and repaired. There are shops out there that specialize in welding transmission cases. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
        X
        Warning: include(test.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78 Warning: include(test.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'test.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78