Announcement

Collapse

PLEASE RELOAD YOUR AVATAR. You shouldn't have any problems doing this, now. Thanks again for the delay but now it is over. - Dave
See more
See less

Looking 4 '77-'79 C6/FMX Automatic Floor Shifter Tranny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking 4 '77-'79 C6/FMX Automatic Floor Shifter Tranny

Does anyone have a '77-'79 Floor Shifter Tranny off a '77-'79 Tbird, Mercury Cougar, or Ford LTD II in their back pocket? We have a possible new user looking for a part off that tranny. He has everything he needs to do a conversion from a column shifter to a floor shifter for his Tbird. Except for this one very hard to find part. Attached is the diagram of the C6/FMX tranny used on these years and models of cars. He needs that piece in the diagram that the 7340 Control Rod attaches to at the front of the case that you see in the C circle. It is the Stud assembly 7B415 and the locking nut 383098-S2. Not just the Stud but that whole assembly that the 7340 attaches to, to cause the tranny to shift into the correct gear.

The U Code is a SelectShift XPL Automatic C6 tranny...
    In 1977-1979, the Thunderbird was available with a U Code C6 Automatic Tranny or a X Code FMX Automatic tranny...

In 1977-1979, a check of all 3 years of Tbirds indicate, according to the Automotive Mile Posts website, that the Thunderbird Standard Equipment tranny was the U Code C6 tranny- SelectShift XPL Automatic C6. NOT the FMX tranny... However, according to John at John's Salvage, during those 3 years, some Tbirds, Mercury Cougars, and Ford LTD II's did come off the production line with FMX Automatic trannys in them...

If you happen to have this tranny that you don't mind taking that part off it, or are willing the sell the whole tranny, please give me a call or send me a Private Message.
    Last edited by YellowRose; August 12th, 2019, 12:35 PM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator.....
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Working...
X