Need stock rims and Carter AFB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need stock rims and Carter AFB

It looks like the Autolite carb on my 59 430 came from a 352 and that explains why the hood clearance is non-existant.

The information I found said the 430 came ONLY with a Carter 4V, ID #FKL 9BA or #FKL 9BB part number B9SZ 9510-A

I need one and if anyone has a spare or a lead for me on where to buy one it would help alot.

I also have 4 chrome 15 inch rims on the car now and I want 4 stock steel 14 inch wheels. I will trade or buy your rims outright and pay the freight. If anyone knows where I can order used or new rims for the J-Bird please let me know.

The rims I have are deeply pitted and will need to be rechromed. If you want to see them I can post a link to some photos.

I also need a bumper jack and lug wrench with all the mounting hardware.

Is there a place at this website to buy-sell-trade parts?

Thanks,

Dave

RE: Need stock rims and Carter AFB

You can get the rims, carburetor from Bob's Bird House, Pat Wilson or one of the other supliers of T-Bird parts. The list of vendors is on the main Squarebirds page.

You can get the exact original carburetor from http://www.ponycarburetors.com .

The original rims for the car are common. They were also used on the full size Fords of those years. They are 14 x 5.5 inches.

We have parts buy sell area on this message board.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

JBird -
      I have a set of 14" steel wheels you can buy. They have the Ford oval stamped in them and everything. They came off a 62 Galaxie I believe.

I live in Oklahoma so I don't know what the freight would be.

The rims are solid and strong but would need to be cleaned up and repainted.

Casey
      60 hardtop
      Casey

Comment

Thanks for the info. I guess I didn't look in the right area and I'll check out the vendor links.

Thank you again.

Dave

Comment

If the rims are correct for the 1959 with the 430 option you bet I want them. I'll pay shipping and crating too. You can email me at XXXdavid@rhyner.comXXX after removing the "X"'s and let me know what you want for them.

Like I said, I have 15 inch chrome on there right now and they are in rough shape and the set of 14 inch stock Sun Ray hubcaps I bought won't fit the 15 incher's.

Thanks,

Dave

Comment

Maybe ALexander can help answer this.

Will these wheels fit JBird's TBird?
            They are 14" rims that came off a '62 Galaxie.

They look the same as the original wheels I have on my Bird, but I don't have the 430 engine - does that make a difference?

Casey
            Casey

Comment

The wheels, and unfortunately the brakes, are the same on the 430-engined T-Birds as they are on the 352-equipped ones.

Alexander
              1959 Hardtop
              1960 Golde Top
              Alexander
              1959 Hard Top
              1960 Golde Top
              sigpic

Comment

Ok, my two cents.

I highly recommend the Edelbrock AFB (Carter design) four barrel, model # 1927. It's very similar to the orig Carter used on the 430J with just modern upgrades like elec choke and so on. They're are really the BEST carb on the market.

I wish I had known someone would have needed orig TB 14" wheels. I had good ones. I'd have given them to you, tires and all. I've gone to the KH wires.

I would run Ford 14 x 7's. That way, you could run disc brakes if you decided to later on. Plus, you can run a better profile tire. With the stock hub caps, no one would really know (Unless you're building a Concours car.

John,
                John Byers
                1960 Convertible (Orig owner)
                sigpic

Comment

Hi Gang,
                  I purchased my nos Carter carb from www.thecarburetorshop.com for $250,00 and it has been purfect!.
                  however i do have a rebuilt carter afb in my garage but it has the water choke fitted.
                  If you want it i have to ship from England.
                  Kev.

Comment

Working...
                  X