X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUTDATED - RockAuto-Discount Code - Expires April 5, 2021

5% Discount Code: 38EDC42C602EC3
    Expires: April 5, 2021

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear About Us’ box to receive the discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. All orders are placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount.

RockAuto.com is an auto parts retailer founded in 1999 by automotive engineers with two goals: Liberate information hidden behind the auto parts store counter (by listing all available parts, not just what one store stocks or one counter-person knows), and make auto parts affordable so vehicles of all ages can be kept reliable and fun to drive.

Visit RockAuto.com to order auto parts online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and have them conveniently delivered to your door. Need help finding parts or placing an order? Visit our Help pages for further assistance!
    Last edited by YellowRose; January 4th, 2021, 04:34 PM.
    RockAuto Catalog | Promotions & Rebates | Help

I just cancelled an order with RA. They charge TAX on shipping charges which is way more than the meager 5% they kindly offer.
    John is right about RA not having phone access. I'm starting to look closer at my local parts stores where they offer real customer service and more honest billing charges. - Dave
    My latest project:
    CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

That's a state law. It has nothing to do with Rockauto. Most online retailers are required to charge sales tax on shipping unless they are physically located in a state that does not require it. More than half the states now require tax to be collected on online shipping charges including Wisconsin where Rockauto is headquartered. Both your state of Michigan and my state of New Jersey also require tax to be collected on shipping. You can blame auction sites like Ebay and others for this law. You had sellers charging a penny for items and $5.00 for shipping to get around paying sales tax.

John
      Last edited by jopizz; February 24th, 2021, 11:59 AM.
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Looks like I'm getting an education, John. You're right:
        " When Shipping Taxes Apply

The majority of states (Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin) require that sales tax be calculated on the cost of the merchandise plus the cost of shipping. In other words, your bill to customers in these states should be itemized, and sales tax should be calculated from the total. Separately Stated Shipping or Handling

In some states (Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, Virginia and Wyoming), separately stated shipping and/or handling costs are considered non-taxable. Therefore, when calculating the appropriate sales tax for customers from these states, listing the shipping cost as a separate charge will eliminate the need to charge tax on this additional amount. Be careful however, as states such as Nevada and Virginia do tax separately listed handling charges, such as special packaging or a fuel surcharge."

This appears to be an incentive for buyers to purchase across the counter in their own state.

Sorry for my mistake, Rockauto. - Dave
        My latest project:

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

Well, I came to my senses and re-ordered. The tricky part is to find parts in the same warehouse so the same carrier is used for one shipping charge.
          I got a set of brakes for all four wheels of Robin's Escape. $55. - Dave
          My latest project:

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
          X