Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DalecarliaEric
    • Mar 15 2015

Parking brake vacuum power unit

Regarding the parking brake vacuum power unit. I have a problem with a leaking neutral safety switch on the steering column under the dash. Has anyone fixed a leaky switch like this? If so how did you fix it? thankful for advice.
  • OUR5T8BIRD
    Experienced
    • Mar 1 2017

Eric : Most times it is the end of the hoses that start to split . Just cut of a small portion of the hose and re attach . If the actual switch is leaking, just replace it as they are available used or sometimes new old stock . I may have a few if you need to replace it . Good luck .

Comment

• DalecarliaEric
      • Mar 15 2015

Thanks for your advice to check the end of the hoses. It's nice to know you have switches like that in case I need one. :-)

Comment

• sfalco1957
        Apprentice
        • Nov 27 2022

On my 65 I had a leak also, turns out the vacuum unit on the parking brake assembly is bad. I plugged the port on the neutral safety switch that feeds it for now, I have a new vacuum unit to fix it, but have not gotten to it yet, removing the assembly does not look easy. If you still want to use the brake, there is a small lever that you can feel at the top of the pedal arm that you can use to manually disengage the brake lever if set. Hopefully yours is as simple as a bad line, but mine was not.

Comment

• DalecarliaEric
          • Mar 15 2015

Thanks sfalco1957!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍