radio noise suppressor for 66 bird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radio noise suppressor for 66 bird

Anyone know where I can get a radio noise suppressor?

Originally posted by Mike-n-Teri66Tbird View Post
    Anyone know where I can get a radio noise suppressor?
    Don't know about new ones but I may have a few used laying around . Attaches to the CVR type ?

Comment

No, not CVR suppressors. Those were coils used only in certain years. Coils are inductors, used to smooth-out current, as close to the source as possible.

Radio, voltage regulator, generator and ignition points all used the same .22uf capacitors. Capacitors are used to smooth-out voltage spikes again, as close to the source as possible.

CVRs (mechanical OEM-type) work like your turn signal flasher unit. They turn on and off to simulate 50% of 12-volts. This is a very crude way but I cannot argue with success. By contrast, my solid state CVRs output steady 6-volts regardless of battery voltage, without contacts. No coils or capacitors are needed for solid state CVRs.
      My latest project:
      CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

I seen in the shop manual that cause for the gauges not working could be the CVR and/or the radio suppressor. I noticed engine interference when radio is on and driving. I assumed it could be the radio noise suppressor? So, I figured while doing the CVR do the radio suppressor since they are together. Then I was going to attempt removing the gauges to try and get then working. I was successful on cleaning and lubricating the clock to get it working. The points were badly corroded.

Comment

Working...
        X