No announcement yet.

speedometer repaint face and fuel gauge adjusting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the saga continues. i put the 3 volts on the fuel gauge and adjusted both arms/gears. now the gauge goes to FULL with 3 volts and EMPTY without any current to it. so i think (and pray) that the gauge is adjusted now. then ,I have the no power issue to the sender or out of the green/black wires from the CVR.

Comment

happy mothers day to all. upshot to gauges. i adjusted the arms as Dave said to do. now the gauge is on E with power off, and when powered with 3 volts from batteries, gauge goes to F. great, I think. now I took the clock off and found that the radio suppressor coil is fried. I think this coil was put on bullet birds as it was not on Squarebirds. when i powered the CVR without the coil attached, I got my oscillation current out of the female "spade", about 1-5 volts. so my CVR is good. I will wire it without the radio suppression coil and I bet I will get my oscillating current from the black/green stripe at the gauges. hopefully no wires were fried between the gauges and the CVR. i don't know if anyone reproduces the coil but I can live with static on my AM radio. if anyone has thoughts please let me know. thanks to all again. see photos attached.
      Attached Files

Comment

they may have only been on bulletbirds. i found one on eBay, used ,for sale. says its from a '61 tbird.
        Attached Files

Comment

about to give up and try and find someone who knows about old fords in san diego. i had adjusted the arms so that the gauge read empty just sitting and read full with 3 volts powered. hung it from the dash, took out the sender, plugged in and grounded. gauge went to empty when i moved the float arm to empty, and went to 90% full when i swung the arm to the full position. so i reinstalled the sender unit. with key off sits on empty but with key on only goes to 1/4 full although tank is about 3/4 full. i am stumped and giving up. temp gauge works fine and i get oscillation current at the black/green stripe wires going to the fuel and temp gauges.

Comment

Warren, please give me a call, ASAP... 210-875-1411. I have someone who I think can help you in your area...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

ray, nice talking with you. thanks for al your help and input.

Comment

Working...
              X