electrical question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electrical question

under my dash on my '63 is a small lamp with a 1445 bulb in it. it clips on to something in the area near the pull air vent and ignition switch/key slot. it is internally g Screenshot_20.png rounded as it comes on when I Screenshot_20.png pull out the light switch. it is not dimmable with the light switch/rheostat. has a black/yellow stripe wire and grounding wire going to it (see photo) any one know where it clips on? thanks.

That's your ignition switch light. Per the diagram it clips somewhere above the ignition switch most likely to the metal frame.

John

63 ignition light.jpg
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

great thanks, now if i can only somehow get it in its little nest, doing it upside down, lying on my back with the front seat out. thanks again. wlr. my next question is where can i find a nice diagram of the vacuum hose diagram for the dash, i have pulled the aluminum trim off and exposed the heater core and all the vacuum solenoids. there are lots of small vacuum hoses in there most of them just hanging or separated from the "T's". I am trying to figure out the routing for these hoses. this is a car with A/C which means more vacuum hoses. thanks i will look in the shop manual but its pretty sketchy. i need to find a nice diagram.

Comment

These two diagrams should help. I believe there are only three different color hoses under the dash for the AC system.

John

63 ac hoses.jpg 63 ac hoses-1.jpg
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

did a search. looks like jim Osborne electrical and body and sealant manuals might be helpful with diagrams of vacuum hose hook-up. will investigate

Comment

thanks john for the pix of the vacuum hose and heater routing.

Comment

Working...
            X