• Show
Clear All

• flyinthermals
    replied
    Good advice thanks. I did and got perfect match

Leave a comment:

• stubbie
    replied
    I'd take your old pump with you and get one the same as there are slight differences in pumps........................

Leave a comment:

• flyinthermals
    replied
    Got the pump off. Hope the new one matches up.

Leave a comment:

• flyinthermals
    replied
    Thanks again John. I will shop around.

Leave a comment:

• jopizz
    replied
    While you have the water pump off it's a good idea to replace the bypass hose if it hasn't been done in awhile.

John

Leave a comment:

• jopizz
    replied
    I haven't had any problems with Gates, Airtex or Cardone pumps. I would get whatever is the cheapest of those brands. I haven't tried the NAPA pump. As for the gaskets I always use sealant on both sides of the gasket and have never experienced a leak. Regardless of what gaskets you get I recommend you use sealant. I use Permatex black. Just my two cents.

John

Leave a comment:

• flyinthermals
    replied
    Can anyone recommend what water pump to avoid? I have been getting names like airtex, gates, cardone and a nappa brand. Some come with gaskets not requiring sealant. Im not sure of the quality of these pumps and gaskets. Maybe purchasing Fel pro gaskets with any pump I decide to buy? Can anyone recommend brands they have had success with? Thank you all.

Leave a comment:

• flyinthermals
    replied
    Thanks John. I'm hoping that rattle was in fact from the wobbling pulley striking the shroud.

Leave a comment:

• jopizz
    replied
    The pulley just slips on to the water pump. Once you remove the fan it should come right off. Just pull straight towards the radiator. If the pulley is moving with the fan bolts tight then the water pump bearing is shot.

John

Leave a comment:

• flyinthermals
    started a topic Loose Fan Pulley

Loose Fan Pulley

Good Afternoon,

There is a rattle sound that has appeared under the hood. The fan pulley seams to be a bit loose although the 4 fan bolts were tight. I took off the fan but do not see how the pulley attaches. Is it pressed on and does the looseness mean a bad bearing? Thank you.
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎