Guest Is Looking For Golde Top Parts For His Mercedes 250C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guest Is Looking For Golde Top Parts For His Mercedes 250C

We have a Guest who owns a '71 Mercedes 250C with the Golde Sunroof. He has written me to ask if I know where he can find some parts for it. I have given him the list, as I know it, of the various companies that he might be able to find what he is looking for. If you know of any company that I have not listed here on this sub-Forum, who supplies Golde Top parts, please post that information here, for all to see, including Shawn. He has already contacted VW and Porsche, and struck out with them. It has been my understanding that the Golde Top/Sunroof parts for most makes of cars that have them are universal and fit other makes, like our Tbird '60 Golde Tops.. Here is what Shaw had to say in email to me.

"Hello, I have a 71 Mercedes 250C with a Golde sunroof. Would you know where I can get parts for this type of sunroof? (the 2 parts that kick the sunroof up at the back, and the 2 parts at the front that keep it on track). I know these are rare, but it never hurts to ask. Thanks. Shawn Smith"

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator.....
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

In addition to Shawn Smith looking for Golde Top Sunroof parts, I just got this from Don at the Bird Nest today. Does anyone know where you can find this part? Here is what Don said.

"Ray, I have a customer that has been looking at the squarebirds.org like about Golde Top sunroof parts. He is looking for these: It talks about the replacement brass piece, but no list or contact info on where to buy them. His email address and name are: Don Lytle donjlytle@msn.com Could you steer him in the right direction? He has 2 or 3 squarebirds. Thanks, Don Bird Nest."

If anyone knows where we can get these parts, please let me know!

The Terminator.....
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

Hi Ray,
      Paul Willson, Phone: 302-945-0571, 29760 Oliver Walcott Dr, Hillsboro DE 19966. Cell 201-481-4401 sells the sunroof panel 'lifts'. These 'lifts' raise the rear of the sunroof panel upon closing. His 'lifts' are made from brass rather than pot metal. In the picture shown in your message above, the brass lift is the piece second from the right. Harry

Comment

Harry, I JUST spoke with Paul Willson, and he just told me that he no longer has the brass lifts, and can'f find anyone who will make them at a decent price. He said that he DOES have the Cups for the Golde Top roof. So if anyone needs that, he is your contact. Thanks for posting his contact information... Call him and order it from him. He has them for $35 as I recall, and they are a bit more stouter than another version that is being sold for $50 by someone else...
        Last edited by YellowRose; November 9th, 2019, 07:33 PM.

The Terminator.....

Comment

I was speaking with Ken Harkema today and he told me that he has some parts regarding the Golde Top for sale on eBay. He has a Golde Top panel for $200, which is NOT complete with all the parts, if I understood that right. He also has one for $300 which IS complete with all the parts, as I recall... You can double check that with him. If I was a Golde Top owner, I would invest in obtaining a complete, with all parts, Golde Top Sunroof. Because, sooner or later, you are gonna need parts and they are nearly impossible to find these days. His eBay id is nifty6t as I recall. Or if you can't find them, call Ken at 619-462-6478. The "BloodHound" has struck again! I put my nose to the ground and came up with the last remaining 2 lifters...

The Terminator.....

Comment

The "BloodHound" has struck again! Ray you never cease to amaze us with your detective work along with our other members and locating much needed parts for our members/ guests. Keep up the good work
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

In looking for more Golde Top parts, I contacted John Draxler of Thunderbird Ranch to see if he had any Golde Top parts. To my surprise, he said that he did have quite a few parts for the Sunroof. He also said that there are some of the more intricate ones that he makes himself and machines them. He said that if you are looking for Golde Top parts to send him good pictures of what you are looking for and he will tell you if he has them. Your best bet in getting him is to send him an email at: John Draxler jdrax@tbirdranch.com.

Note: I just added four pictures and additional information from John Draxler to his Ad in the Advertisements Forum! He send me information and pix of parts that he now makes available, in brass, instead of pot metal. So go check it out, and look for John Draxler ~ Thunderbird Ranch. I re-titled his listing and brought him up into the J's.. BTW, for whatever reason when you go to the Advertisements Forum, the vBulletin software does not list it any Alphabetical order, as it used to. To get it in Alphabetical order click on Filter and the Down Arrow. Select Order Ascending, and let it do its thang. Then click on Sort By and Title, and let it do its thing. Then you should be seeing them listed in Alphabetical order down through the listing. At least that is how it works for me.
              Last edited by YellowRose; November 12th, 2019, 01:57 AM.

The Terminator.....

Comment

Working...
              X