Announcement

Collapse

PLEASE RELOAD YOUR AVATAR. You shouldn't have any problems doing this, now. Thanks again for the delay but now it is over. - Dave
See more
See less

My new j-code golde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry LePargneux
    replied
    Paul Willson, Phone: 302-945-0571, 29760 Oliver Walcott Dr, Hillsboro DE 19966. Cell 201-481-4401 sells both the lock handle cup you are looking for as well as the sunroof panel 'lifts'. These 'lifts' raise the rear of the sunroof panel upon closing. His 'lifts' are made from brass rather than pot metal.

I just spoke with Paul regarding the Golde Top parts he has. The lock handle cup is an exact replica made from the OEM lock handle cup and sells for $35. He has sold 15-20 or so of those and still has some stock of them.The sunroof panel "lifts" are also made from the OEM ones, but his are made of brass instead of pot metal, as Harry and he said. At the moment, he is out of stock but is arranging to have more of them made, as he sold all he did have in stock. Except the ones he kept to have more made from. These are the ONLY parts that he has for the Golde Top. I am about to add his contact information to the Advertisements Forum with his permission. Harry, thank you very much for posting this information! (BTW, Paul tells me that he knew our great Founder, Alexander!) (Ray ~ YellowRose).
    Last edited by YellowRose; December 8th, 2018, 06:39 PM. Reason: Additional Information

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Originally posted by YellowRose View Post
    David Bonvillain ~ villain continues working on his '60 Golde Top, putting in a new headliner.
    We found a perforated alcantara :-) It should look pretty slick. That and a new black and white interior from Larry's, etc. should be installed late next week.
    All the custom stainless plumbing lines are done and starting on wiring and such next.
    ...slowly but surely!

Leave a comment:

• YellowRose
    replied
    My new j-code golde

David Bonvillain ~ villain continues working on his '60 Golde Top, putting in a new headliner. He has added disc brakes, and other neat goodies, and a 25-26gal custom gas tank! He was looking for a new plastic cover for the sliding roof lock, but between him and I, we found a couple of sources. He ordered one and hopes it is identical to what he has. Which is old, discolored, and a bit cracked it looked like. Here are some pix he sent me showing the work that is being done.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• pbf777
    replied
    I will have to ask about the oil pan. [/QUOTE]

Just a few topics for your inquiry if you wish:

What is the intended capacity of the currently installed oil pan?

What size oil pump rotor & scroll, .875" (standard volume) or 1.100" ( hi-volume) or?

With the dyno-work, was the oil pumping volume measured? And or, impression of oil level in the pan as operating established?

Scott.

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Pretty sure the diameters are 50mm - I believe it's this kit?: http://www.efisupply.com/inglese_efi.htm

The engine builder is Barnett High Performance in MI. BR Cars in Colorado is doing the rest of the build.
    I have been pretty much leaving it to the team - with my requirements defined obviously...I will have to ask about the oil pan. I still want a new/larger fuel tank on it too.
    It is intended to be a cruiser that I can roll up and down the coast of CA, so I am not super concerned with every ounce of potential - I have access to faster cars to run fast track times with :-) I just want it to run strong, capable of highway cruising, and lay big burnouts :-)

Originally posted by pbf777 View Post
    Congratulations on your efforts with this project!

Love the individual runner stack intake system! Perhaps this manifold is of a plenum design vs. I.R.? What are the throttle bore diameters?

For one who may be looking for the "9's", or just to utilize the greatest potential possible from the engine, if of an I.R. design, note that stack length will/is compromised from the potential "ideal" for appearance & packaging (hood clearance), and that the small individual air cleaners will interfere with top-end performance.

Also, at this level of build, did your engine builder discuss oil pan options/concerns? The unit as seen in the photos appears O.E.M. production, or at least of the same approximate holding capacity?

Scott.

Leave a comment:

• pbf777
    replied
    Congratulations on your efforts with this project!

Love the individual runner stack intake system! Perhaps this manifold is of a plenum design vs. I.R.? What are the throttle bore diameters?

For one who may be looking for the "9's", or just to utilize the greatest potential possible from the engine, if of an I.R. design, note that stack length will/is compromised from the potential "ideal" for appearance & packaging (hood clearance), and that the small individual air cleaners will interfere with top-end performance.

Also, at this level of build, did your engine builder discuss oil pan options/concerns? The unit as seen in the photos appears O.E.M. production, or at least of the same approximate holding capacity?

Scott.
    Last edited by pbf777; November 3rd, 2017, 11:00 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dan Leavens
    replied
    Sweet looking set up

Leave a comment:

• YellowRose
    replied
    My new j-code golde

Dave sent me three new pix of his engine which is about to go together. Here is what he had to say and the pix.

"It's about to go together! 444cu in, 471hp 495ft lb torque".
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• byersmtrco
    replied
    I LOVE IT!!
    That Sunroof is AWESOME !!!!

4200 Lb's of WoopA__!!!!!!!!!!

The whole thing!!!!!!
    Last edited by byersmtrco; October 15th, 2017, 03:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• byersmtrco
    replied
    I had a 71 Charger

Originally posted by Bob M View Post
    Dave it looks like you have a great start on a wonderful car

Leave a comment:

• simplyconnected
    replied
    Love, love, LOVE the rack and pinion steering. He used the existing holes from the old steering box and idler arm for his R &P gear brackets.

What we don't see is his measurements, taken while the engine was still in place. That's how it's done.

I like the fact that R&P offers more room for exhaust on the LH side and more room for starter motor maintenance on the RH side.

The rear end is a beast. It's going to need a Panhard bar. Nice job! - Dave

Leave a comment:

• YellowRose
    replied
    My new j-code golde

Dave ~ villain has been busy modernizing his J Code! Here is a pic of his rack and pinion steering going in and his disc brake setup:
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied
    Originally posted by Wyldie View Post
    Sweet baby Jesus! Love it all, where did you get the custom gauges?
    Thank you :-) Those were from Speed Hut in Utah. The ghosting of my logo in the faces worked out great!

Leave a comment:

• Wyldie
    replied
    Sweet baby Jesus! Love it all, where did you get the custom gauges?

Leave a comment:

• YellowRose
    replied
    My new j-code golde

David ~ villain just sent me some more pix of his customized '60 Golde Top that he has been working on. Feast your eyes on these!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

Working...
X