Radiator cap pressure rating???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnG
    replied
    The lower the pressure the better.... less stress on that cheesy expansion tank on the top! Make an overflow bottle for inside the engine compartment (for non-show times) and catch anything that comes out so you're not dumping toxic stuff into the street.

john

Leave a comment:

• YellowRose
    replied

I did a search on "radiator cap" on our forume and here is what Alexander had to say about this on 11/19/2007 & 11/20/2007.

12 to 15 lb is correct for the Squarebirds. A 13 lb is available. The original cap is B8-8100-A.

There is no point deduction for the AC cap in all classes in BTCI and ITC as that is the correct replacement.

In addition, there is a post that shows a picture of an AC 15# RC-15 cap. Alexander also said this..

Autolite caps from 1967 to 1980's are acceptable replacements.

If you click on the link provided in that post, you will find that there is this. AC also has a 13# RC-6 model available for those who want a 13lb cap.

I have a non-AC 14lb cap on Yellow Rose
    Last edited by YellowRose; January 23, 2009, 02:49 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Leave a comment:

• bcomo
    replied
    I have a 13 PSI cap on my 60.

I can't find it in the 60 shop manual either.

Leave a comment:

• trim code 76
    started a topic Radiator cap pressure rating???

OK guys, easy one(?) I have looked all over my books and manuals and can not turn up what the stock rated radiator cap's pressure rating is? Is it 14lbs????? You would think this was in the owners manual or shop manual but I can not find it!! As always you guys are the greatest.
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎