Emergency Brake Release Bracket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Brake Release Bracket

I am attempting to re-install the Emergency Brake Release handle in my 1958 Thunderbird. The release handle has a U shaped bracket attached with 2 holes and there are 2 holes in the lower dash panel as well. I'm wondering if the E brake release simply bolts to the lower dash panel or if there is another bracket that I may be missing. The 2 holes in the lower dash panel are not threaded and the replacement bolts I have found on line come with lock washers but no nuts. There is also very little clearance for attaching nuts. It seems like I may either be missing a bracket or these are the wrong fasteners? Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you!

I believe it's held in place with two 1/4"-20 nuts. I don't have a car at the moment so I can't look to be sure. This is what the parts book shows.

John

ebrake nut.jpg
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Thank you John. Do you know if the there is any other bracket involved or if it simply bolts to the Lower Dash Panel?

Comment

There's no other bracket that I know of. Just two bolts, washers and nuts.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

I've used 'clip nuts' or 'U' nuts. It saves the chore of dealing with the nuts noted above and if you have no helper to hold the brake assy up. There is no other bracket involved.

Comment

Great- Thank you both very much !

Comment

Working...
            X