Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1958 '59 convertibles deck lid open lineage .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1958 '59 convertibles deck lid open lineage .

If anyone with a '58 or '59 convertible can identify this part, you are in the know . Next question would be, where can they be purchased ? They are located in the trunk on the deck lid linkage and are important as far as I can see . ( Over to you Carl ) . DSC04979 2.JPG DSC04980 2.JPG

Here they are.
    https://www.macsautoparts.com/1958-1...6-69176-1.html

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

They are also used on the '60 Convertible, frequently broken or missing.
      Carl

Comment

Originally posted by partsetal View Post
        They are also used on the '60 Convertible, frequently broken or missing.
        Carl
        Good to know Carl . The two on my '58 were there but worn and as you mention, broken or split . If they go bad or missing, the deck lid can go against the metal behind it and damage the paint . Found a set of new ones in my spare parts and could not remember where or when I may have gotten them .

Comment

Does anyone have an "in place" picture of these?

Comment

I've never noticed those (I wonder if they're there) I could see where a 58 or 9 would need
            them, but on the 60, the lid can't open that far. The hyd cyls (barely) open it straight up.
            If anything, the lid tilts forward. The top almost hits it.

It's cool . . . When it works.

Comment

Originally posted by p38fighter View Post
              Does anyone have an "in place" picture of these?
              A bit hard to see but where the lower single section goes up in into the upper double section . .The rubber block goes into the upper section . ( got two pictures for some reason ) DSC04613 A.jpg DSC04613 A.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X