Official debut at Charlotte Motor Speedway Autofair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official debut at Charlotte Motor Speedway Autofair

I took my '60 Bird for its first ever show and figured to start at the BIG spring Autofair this weekend and even found a matching "baby bird" however, that baby was setup for road racing and is a tribute to the "Battle Bird" car of years gone by and then convinced a Rocket bird to join in the photoshoot ! There were only 5 Tbirds total at the show out of hundreds and hundreds (and maybe even more hundreds!) of every flavor of car imaginable!
    So here are my debut pictures on Squarebirds!

Congratulations and thanks for representing "us".

Comment

Doug she is a beauty and love that Raven Black exterior.
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Thank you both for the compliments!
        To clarify, there were only 5 birds there but interestingly all were different generations. I could only locate the owners of the other 2 pictured but 1 was a 66 and the other mid70s(?)

Comment

Pretty cool!!. Is there something non stock going on in that "clock" housing?
          59-430-HT

Comment

Theres quite a bit of non stock here and there !
            I put a tach in place of the clock and it as well as the guages below the dash are driven by the Holley Sniper efi system

Comment

Originally posted by NC Tbird View Post
              Theres quite a bit of non stock here and there !
              I put a tach in place of the clock and it as well as the guages below the dash are driven by the Holley Sniper efi system
              You have a "build" thread on that tach install.
              59-430-HT

Comment

Very nice paint!! A Serious eye catcher there.
                I just got my mechanical clock working. Happy by the way it turned out - then I'm thinking I really need a tach there. So looking at faces which would blend more easily. Is that a white face in yours?

Comment

Yes, all guages are white, about as close the original but faded white speedo and fuel temp guage.
                  the paint is all original but it took a lot of work to restore it. Clay then compound, repeat then polish and wax. And wax again.
                  Most of it came out pretty good but there are patches of chipping and irreparable oxidation.
                  From 10-15' its great, but as I tell people " she's a classy 62 y/o with a few age spots and laugh lines ( rumour is that she's had some " work done") but has a bit of a drinking problem."
                  I have since added some discrete but accenting pinstriping as well.
                  The cost of repainting is obscene and out of the question, but speaking with others at cruise-ins Almost all advise to leave the paint as is since it is original and therefore authentic.

Comment

Burbach, if you know someone that can do fairly simple graphics, you can print a new face for your tach or whatever.
                    My son printed this one on adhesive plastic sheet. He even duplicated the typical Ford tall lettering. ​ Then I stole the two centers and hands from an old clock.

Comment

Doug that is a neat display of those Tbirds! Great looking ones! I do not think I have considered your gorgeous Tbird for the Squarebirds.org Calendar and would certainly like to if I have not. If that interests you, please give me a call and I can go over the details on posing her for a Calendar shot, and camera settings for best pix. I can tell you this, that I am hard pressed to come up with enough new Tbird pix for all 12 months of the year for 2023. So you would have a great chance of having your Tbird selected and featured in the next Calendar. If interested, call me at 210-875-1411.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
                      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
                      X