Jet size for Autolite 4100 carburetor, 1960

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet size for Autolite 4100 carburetor, 1960

Doing the rebuild on my 4100 carb on the 60 and noticed the jet size are 50 primary and 60 secondary. Trying to find the size online with no luck and got me thinking that 10 years ago my father had the motor rebuilt and the shop suggested changing to a 390 crankshaft and rods for a bit more power. If those are the original jets wouldn't they be too small for the larger cubic inches? My carb has a C3AF-BV casting number on it, assume that its the original unit that came with the car but don't know if dad had it changed over the past 60+ years! Plugs have been light to medium gray in color not black. Thanks as usual for the information!
    sigpic1960 Gold Bird, original owner since new. tbirdregistry #3158

That is not the original carburetor. That carburetor is off of a 1963 390 full size Ford or Thunderbird. You should be fine with those jets.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Our bird was a daily driver for its first five years then was just a summer car so it had probably 30-40,000 of its 60,000 miles total in those early years. Too bad the carb is not the original but no way of knowing now as Dad has been gone for seven years! Got my carb kit from Mikes Carburetors today so will get things back together and on the road soon.
      sigpic1960 Gold Bird, original owner since new. tbirdregistry #3158

Comment

Working...
      X