Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Kel, pesonally, I think the white painted bumpers, and spears, etc, really sets the Tbird off! If I have not shared this with you before, this is what our Founder & initial Webmaster, Alexander Sosiak before his passing, told me years ago when I first bought Tweety Bird. He had asked me what I had planned on doing to her now that I had bought her. I told him that I wanted to replace the generator with an alternator, repaint her, down the road do a front disc brake conversion, to include getting rid of the single MC and adding a dual MC and a dual Power Booster. Then possibly considerably customizing her to my likes. He told me not to let the "originalists" on the Forum give me a hard time about all that. He said, "Ray, you paid the money and now you get to update or customized her the way YOU want to". I took that to heart and away I went!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• 68blackbird
      Apprentice
      • Jun 8 2021

Starting to feel like Lucy will be down the road soon...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.

Comment

• 68blackbird
        Apprentice
        • Jun 8 2021

New shoes today. Coming along nicely...
        This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

• frank58
          Super-Experienced
          • May 28 2006

Getting close now... I've got a question, is the front bumper all bolted in or just temporarily put on? the reason I ask is because of the gap between body and bumper, looks like it should be back further, the "hump" on top of the bumper should be up and behind the nose with a rubber weatherstrip/seal between... great job, keep the pics coming, that is the brightest red I've seen..gotta love it.

Comment

• 68blackbird
            Apprentice
            • Jun 8 2021

Originally posted by frank58
            Getting close now... I've got a question, is the front bumper all bolted in or just temporarily put on? the reason I ask is because of the gap between body and bumper, looks like it should be back further, the "hump" on top of the bumper should be up and behind the nose with a rubber weatherstrip/seal between... great job, keep the pics coming, that is the brightest red I've seen..gotta love it.
            No, neither bumpers are "bolted", still have some tweaking to do on both, especially the back, it got rocked pretty good at one time. Yeah, in the sun its kinda orangey/red, at nighty more candy apple...appreciate the eagle eye , Kel

Comment

• 68blackbird
              Apprentice
              • Jun 8 2021

Got to drive Lucy around the block, first time in long time, felt good. Decals for emblems and wheels are done, I like them. Different and way cheaper than originals, $10.
              This gallery has 7 photos.

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Kel, I like the idea of the decals! The ""gunsights" on the fender, and on the rims looks cool to me. I also think that painting the bumpers white, and the hood air cleaner really makes Lucy stand out very well. It will never win 1st Place or Best In Show in a VTCI judging for originality, but it very well might if shown in the Modified division! In non-VTCI Judging it could certainly be awarded 1st Place or Best In Show. I certainly know that I want you to enter her for the 2023 Squarebirds.org Calendar. You need to call me about this. You will need to get her out to a really good location to pose her and let her strut her Stuff!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎