Kel's '59 restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

really looks great, did you blast the surface rust or remove it "manually"

Comment

Originally posted by frank58 View Post
        really looks great, did you blast the surface rust or remove it "manually"
        Thanks..."manually"....Used air nibbler to remove initial layer of undercoating then combo of wire wheel/abrasive wheels on grinder. Sprayed 1 coat of Rustoleum Rust converter, 1 coat of undercoating, then 2 coats of truck bed liner. Like the bed liner stuff because it is easier to keep clean. Tedious, but works. Hard on the shoulders..

Comment

Keep up the good work Kel.

Chris....From OZ.

Comment

New shocks, leaf springs & hardware.

Comment

Kelly, it is really coming along nicely. Really good looking pictures! Keep up the good work!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Got some color on...its red alright. Motor is out getting ready to clean up engine bay and replace some front end stuff. Not sure if it helps, but on the hood, I sprayed Corroseal Rust converter in all the holes, then rotated it around to get the Corroseal in all the seams, can't hurt...

Comment

Yup! That is red for sure! It is looking good and you are certainly getting there, Kelly! Thanks for the pix and keeping us up on what you are accomplishing!

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

Transmission removed, removed most of engine bay parts. Power washed and mocked up new brake booster. Next up is get all those holes welded up, clean paint bay, mock up Classic Air

Comment

Kelly, which engine is on that Tbird? 352 or 430MEL? Did that Squarebird have OEM AC when you bought it? If so, you should have the necessary 3 groove pulley you will need to install the CAA "Perfect Fit". If you do not, you are probably going to need a single groove pulley to put on that water pump shaft to handle the 3 belts you will need. Attached is a picture that might help. It shows the 3 groove pulley set up. Or a 2 groove with a single groove pulley in front of it. Finding an additional single groove pulley might be difficult to do these days. I hope you have what you are gonna need.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowRose View Post
                        Kelly, which engine is on that Tbird? 352 or 430MEL? Did that Squarebird have OEM AC when you bought it? If so, you should have the necessary 3 groove pulley you will need to install the CAA "Perfect Fit". If you do not, you are probably going to need a single groove pulley to put on that water pump shaft to handle the 3 belts you will need. Attached is a picture that might help. It shows the 3 groove pulley set up. Or a 2 groove with a single groove pulley in front of it. Finding an additional single groove pulley might be difficult to do these days. I hope you have what you are gonna need.
                        Yes sir, car was original AC car, have what I need....thanks for checking, Kel

Comment

Hi Kelly, I am glad to hear that you will have what you need. I have worked with Dwight & Steven at CAA for years, assisting others on this Forum who have gone through their CAA "Perfect Fit" aftermarket conversion. They have been very helpful. If you need any assistance, please let me know.

Comment

Are you sure it's a 352 and not a 390? It's not the original engine block as the hole for the alternator was not drilled until late 1962.

John
                            John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                            jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

Originally posted by jopizz View Post
                              Are you sure it's a 352 and not a 390? It's not the original engine block as the hole for the alternator was not drilled until late 1962.

John
                              Oh snap! Had no clue. Should have known not to go by tag, because tranny was swapped out with a C6. I've tried decoding, hard to see, but casting number is D2TEAA....I think I get 1972 , truck...after that don't know. Nice catch John! Thank you very much, not taking anything for granted after this,Kel

Comment

Working...
                              X