Hydroboost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hydroboost

I had an extra hydroboost from a mustang cobra laying around. mounted it with little modification, seems to fit nicely. had to modify the pedal by welding in a steel dowel behind where the mounting hole was and it flows perfectly. I will say that trying to get the pedal back in with that spring was a real pain.
    Attached Files

Have that HB on my 70 Bronco and an 84, stroked and blown fox LTD.
    Great upgrade. What are you going to do for PS pump? Recommend a sag
    if you can get it on there. 76 Lincolns had a dual return sag pump (with SAE fitting
    for pressure line, vs later pumps that went metric) stock with HB.
    59-430-HT

Comment

i was going to make some lines to connect to the original pump. But if the sag pump bolts up id probably do that.

Comment

Just to try at first, im going to run the Hydroboost with front drums before spending a fortune on disc.
        So i know there is a lot more pressure from the master and would probably lock up the drums, but since I have an inline pressure valve I put that
        in line with the fronts. lets see if it works at all.

Other than that for anyone wanting to convert to hydroboost, ill list the parts and where I got them as I proceed.

The hydro I used is around 2001 mustang.
        the fittings for the high in is 18mm to 6an
        the high out to steering rack is 16mm o-ring to 6an

Off the master, you will need to convert M10x1.0 and M12 x1.0 bubble fittings to 3/8 24.

the high pressure out of pump is AEROQUIP FBM1144 HOSE END
        You will be using PFTE hose to make these.

The high pressure stuff I purchased here: http://www.hydratechbraking.com/hose_fittings.html
        Attached Files
        Last edited by newstang; November 21st, 2020, 02:08 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Working...
        X