Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bmacpolo
    • May 20 2020

1959 Pitman arm removal help

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if there is a special tool I need. I just broke the teeth off the only aluminum gear puller I had that fit. I also have a slide hammer with jaws that can fit around the arm. Any help is much appreciated, Im just a little frustrated.

Brian
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

I've used a standard pitman arm puller in the past. As cheaply made as stuff is nowadays it's not surprising when they break. My suggestion is to go to Autozone or Advance Auto and get their heavy duty pitman arm puller on the loan a tool program. No need to buy another tool if you're just going to use it once.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• bmacpolo
      • May 20 2020

Originally posted by jopizz
      I've used a standard pitman arm puller in the past. As cheaply made as stuff is nowadays it's not surprising when they break. My suggestion is to go to Autozone or Advance Auto and get their heavy duty pitman arm puller on the loan a tool program. No need to buy another tool if you're just going to use it once.

John
      Thanks John. What a chore that was! It did not want to come off.but finally broke free.
      Brian

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎