Lowering car/disc brakes/tubular control arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering car/disc brakes/tubular control arms

'59. Planning on doing disc brake conversion. Also would like to lower front end a couple inches. Seems a good time, if available, to change to tubular control arms. New to TBirds, though so seeking some guidance on these 3 topics since it is the next project in line and I will do it all at the same time.

Soooo - I have read the thread on disc brake conversion with the help of much red wine. I just sent off a check for paid membership this week so I will have access to the conversion info on the site. Those that have done the disc brake conversion please advise your thoughts on going this route versus one of the available kits.

Lowering the car - best methods or thought appreciated.

Tubular control arms - a quick search yielded some hits but then nothing available upon closer reading. Seems like something that would be available for this particular car.

Once I am a paid member I'll post pics of project and improvements, etc.

Appreciate the input and assistance.

Cheers!

Jerry, can you shoot me your phone number in a Private Message or call me at 210-875-1411. I need to talk with you quickly... Thank You...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Jerry, it was Rack & Pinion that I was trying to think of. I did some searching on R&P systems and came up with a number of links that I just sent to your email! If that interests you, you might check those out. There is also some info on disc brakes in them.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Working...
      X