Unknown holes in trunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown holes in trunk?

In the trunk floor of my '60 convertible, there are two unidentified holes in the floor that I can't figure out, One on each side, just inside wheel well and rear axle. Apparently intentional, open to the ground, don't seem to line up with anything underneath. Whatever covers were there are gone and will have to be replaced. Easy enough to fab, or am I missing something? Some type of drain arrangement for the convertible top maybe? Or something more obscure? I bought the car disassembled and have never seen the trunk of a completed convertible. Soon to re-install the top and mechanism, trying to sort out obstacles ahead..

This might help you out. Without a picture, I hope we're talking about the same holes. CLICK HERE - Dave
    My latest project:
    CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Those must have been custom made, no?

Comment

I would guess someone followed what the Shop Manual tells you to do if the trunk will not open, since there is no way to manually open these trunks from the outside. The Shop Manual gives you a diagram of where to drill two holes from under the car. I had an issue last year with my '59 trunk not opening and read that solution and there was no way I was doing that! My issue was that a relay needed to be replaced, then it opened....

Comment

Working...
        X