Announcement

Collapse

PLEASE RELOAD YOUR AVATAR. You shouldn't have any problems doing this, now. Thanks again for the delay but now it is over. - Dave
See more
See less

Bill~Capt46's '60 Red Convertible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt46
    replied
    So far convertible top deck lid opens perfectly when it’s time for the top to open I just hear the motor strain top does not budge.
    i have the rear quarter pieces going to get all mechanical issues finished first then complete the repaint.

Leave a comment:

• YellowRose
    replied
    So Bill, how did ya get the top up? After you charged the battery, was you able to get the top up okay?

Leave a comment:

• OUR5T8BIRD
    replied
    What about the rear quarter hash marks Bill. Leaving them of .?

Leave a comment:

• Capt46
    replied
    Needing drivers door and passenger door glass with frames (Missing) also drivers side skirt. Just the beginning any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• Capt46
    replied
    No pressure washer used, lol thatís the battery charger. The corvette is also mine retirement gift in 2015 special ordered.
    1957 my show and go car, thunderbird new addition to the group. Thank you

Leave a comment:

• bird 60
    replied
    Looking good, but using a pressure washer for a Classic, that's a definite no no.

Chris......From OZ.

Leave a comment:

• YellowRose
    replied
    Bill sent me more pix of his pretty '60 Monte Carlo Red Convertible today! She got her first wash job in awhile today and he was able to get the top up. I had talked with him earlier and he had said that the deck had opened, but the top did not come up. But then, he was also re-charging the battery at that time, so that might have been the problem. I sent him the links from the TRL regarding troubleshooting and repairing any convertible top problems. Bill said that the entire front end, under the car is new, along with many other parts of the car. He found the horn ring in the trunk, as I recall, and will replace that orange horn button on the steering wheel when he gets to that. I see some slight damage to the passenger side rocker panel area, but that can be fixed. I like the 1957 Chebby in the driveway,(I used to own a red one just like it back then!), the Corvette, and the blue and pink kiddie cars parked there also! The Chebby is probably his, the Corvette is not listed as being owned by him. Here are the additional pix he sent me today.

Leave a comment:

• Capt46
    replied
    Thank you Ray!

Leave a comment:

• YellowRose
    started a topic Bill~Capt46's '60 Red Convertible!

Bill~Capt46's '60 Red Convertible!

Bill~Capt46 up New York way, just bought from an Estate sale, a 1960 Monte Carlo Red Convertible, (originally Raven Black with red/white interior, which it still has) with matching tonneau cover, continental kit, with 5 rim set of K-H spoked rims. Not only that, he also go a lot of new parts for it that were in the processing being put on the car before health issues set in on the previous owner. Bill has checked out the car very well and said it is solid, no rust issues, all the usual suspect rust areas are good, floor pans look like brand new. It has paint problems as you can see, but Bill has a very good professional classic and custom car painter for a friend. The horn has a problem it looks like, as there is an orange button on the steering column. It looks like there is a '59 emblem in the center button on the steering wheel, instead of a '60. But then I just looked at a lot of interior pix of '60 Tbirds and they all have the '59 V shaped Tbird on them. The steering wheel needs repainted, new side panels that came with the car to be put on. There are many brand new parts waiting to be put on the car. It has no AC, looks like the dash is brand new, seat covers, and a lot more. Bill is very pleased with the car over all, saying it looks to be a pretty solid car that was garaged for much of its life. It is not listed in the Tbird Registry. After I told him where to look for the ROT Sheet, he got into the car and found it in the back seat back rest springs. I thought it was in the seat springs, but he said, nope, it was in the back rest springs and is in excellent condition. I broke it all down for him. It was build on 6 May, 1960, with a Scheduled Date of 11E. So that tells me they were 5 days ahead of schedule in production when it was made. That is also born out in the 1960 Squarebird Production Run listing that I have. It jibes with it. Bill is pretty thrilled with the car and the ton of parts that came with it. He even got new relays for that space age convertible top. Here are some pix of the car between a couple of other cars of the owner, who had a good number of them. I am sure there will be more information to be posted as Bill learns more about it. Bill said to go ahead and post the information and the pix for him as he sorts through all the extra goodies he got and puts them away. Bill is pretty handy with a wrench and will be able to do a lot of the restoring himself. It is a big help that he also got so many new parts that were planned on being put on that Tbird before health issues set in for the PO. Bill said the car has been sitting for some years, but the fluids all look clean. The pictures of the tonneau cover was sitting on the hood of a Jeep!
Working...
X