Announcement

Collapse

PLEASE RELOAD YOUR AVATAR. You shouldn't have any problems doing this, now. Thanks again for the delay but now it is over. - Dave
See more
See less

Front Airbags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derbird
    replied
    The a arm should be reinforced to carry the load

Leave a comment:

• StealthSRT10
    replied
    that was my first thought. All the weight of the car being supported by the bottom shock tower bolts. Again there may be some sort of bracket that spreads the load evenly over the bottom but who knows.

Leave a comment:

• pbf777
    replied
    Originally posted by Derbird View Post
    i just installed a set of coilovers
    To bad, they (Viking) only claim to "conduct select manufacturing in-house"; is that sorta like "assembled in the U.S.A".?; or not even?; but then, what is?

But do in such conversions, be weary of the O.E.M.s' original engineering intentions of the suspension components, particularly of the intended loads, as often and particularly with the coil-over conversions, the weight and impact load sums are relocated to areas of, or components never intended to support such.

Stare at it, and think about it,............. first.

Scott.

Leave a comment:

• Derbird
    replied
    I will have to look up the part number. As far as the ride in this car I can not say. The case has just gotten mobile so I don't really have any miles on it. They ride nice in other cars though

Leave a comment:

• StealthSRT10
    replied
    Originally posted by Derbird View Post
    I checked into these before. You have to finish fabricating the bag mounts and find somewhere to mount the shocks. Also have to buy a compressor and valves.
    i just installed a set of coilovers from Viking. They allow you to adjust height and they are fully adjustable shocks.
    Oh thats interesting you have a part number? How does it ride now?

Leave a comment:

• Derbird
    replied
    I checked into these before. You have to finish fabricating the bag mounts and find somewhere to mount the shocks. Also have to buy a compressor and valves.
    i just installed a set of coilovers from Viking. They allow you to adjust height and they are fully adjustable shocks.

Leave a comment:

• OX1
    replied
    Originally posted by StealthSRT10 View Post
    https://www.airbagit.com/Air-Suspens...x-f-for-40.htm

So ran across this today. That doesnt seem like a bad deal when you compair it to the cost of new springs, and shocks.

I recall seeing someone throwing some custom "diy" bag on the front of theirs but dont remember who.
    Where do they put the shocks?

Leave a comment:

• StealthSRT10
    started a topic Front Airbags

Front Airbags

https://www.airbagit.com/Air-Suspens...x-f-for-40.htm

So ran across this today. That doesnt seem like a bad deal when you compair it to the cost of new springs, and shocks.

I recall seeing someone throwing some custom "diy" bag on the front of theirs but dont remember who.
Working...
X