Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Airbags

https://www.airbagit.com/Air-Suspens...x-f-for-40.htm

So ran across this today. That doesnt seem like a bad deal when you compair it to the cost of new springs, and shocks.

I recall seeing someone throwing some custom "diy" bag on the front of theirs but dont remember who.
    1959 Thunderbird 397ci
    Cruise-O-Matic
    Flamingo Pink.
    Thunderbird Registry #8442
    Daily driver

Originally posted by StealthSRT10 View Post
    https://www.airbagit.com/Air-Suspens...x-f-for-40.htm

So ran across this today. That doesnt seem like a bad deal when you compair it to the cost of new springs, and shocks.

I recall seeing someone throwing some custom "diy" bag on the front of theirs but dont remember who.
    Where do they put the shocks?
    59-430-HT

Comment

I checked into these before. You have to finish fabricating the bag mounts and find somewhere to mount the shocks. Also have to buy a compressor and valves.
      i just installed a set of coilovers from Viking. They allow you to adjust height and they are fully adjustable shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Derbird View Post
        I checked into these before. You have to finish fabricating the bag mounts and find somewhere to mount the shocks. Also have to buy a compressor and valves.
        i just installed a set of coilovers from Viking. They allow you to adjust height and they are fully adjustable shocks.
        Oh thats interesting you have a part number? How does it ride now?
        1959 Thunderbird 397ci
        Cruise-O-Matic
        Flamingo Pink.
        Daily driver

Comment

I will have to look up the part number. As far as the ride in this car I can not say. The case has just gotten mobile so I don't really have any miles on it. They ride nice in other cars though

Comment

Originally posted by Derbird View Post
            i just installed a set of coilovers
            To bad, they (Viking) only claim to "conduct select manufacturing in-house"; is that sorta like "assembled in the U.S.A".?; or not even?; but then, what is?

But do in such conversions, be weary of the O.E.M.s' original engineering intentions of the suspension components, particularly of the intended loads, as often and particularly with the coil-over conversions, the weight and impact load sums are relocated to areas of, or components never intended to support such.

Stare at it, and think about it,............. first.

Scott.

Comment

that was my first thought. All the weight of the car being supported by the bottom shock tower bolts. Again there may be some sort of bracket that spreads the load evenly over the bottom but who knows.
              1959 Thunderbird 397ci
              Cruise-O-Matic
              Flamingo Pink.
              Daily driver

Comment

The a arm should be reinforced to carry the load

Comment

Working...
                X