Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shawncfc
    • May 13 2018

inner headlights

Hi! first off thanks for the group ad. look forward to being part of the group. now my question . my inner two headlights wont come on on my 58. the outer headlights work including the high and low beam , parking lights and all interior lights work . but the inner wont come on. any ideas ? thanks
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Your inner headlights are only high beams. I would remove the bulbs and check the sockets. They can become corroded very easily. They use the same switch as the outer lights so it's not a switch problem. Last I would check the wiring and the bulbs.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Shawncfc
      • May 13 2018

Thank you . Went and got new bulbs cleaned connections and presto. Worked thanks. Now onto the gas gauge. It reads empty all the time. cleaned connection on sender . I think its probably the sending unit

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

If your TEMP gauge works I would head toward the fuel tank. Ground the wire on the tank and watch your gauge. If it comes up to 'F', the unit in the tank needs attention or you could have a badly grounded tank.

We have members who found their brass float was full of gas. An easy solder job fixed it. Others replaced the fuel tank sending unit. You will know more when you take the unit out of the tank. - Dave
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Shawncfc
          • May 13 2018

Yep just tested . Added a ground from sender wire to car and the gauge went to full. So i will pull the sender after I drive it and run some gas out of the tank. just filled it yesterday

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎