Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc brake rims for my 1960 T Bird

Can I use 14"X7" 5 lug rims on my car?
    Also can I use my original brake booster and just change the M/C and add a combination valve? I plan on using the Scarebird Brackets with the original spindles.

Larry

A good tire and wheel store will let you try this combination if they think it will work and if they want to make a sale. In short, there's only one way to find out...

Your original booster was designed for drum brakes. Disk brakes require hundreds of pounds more. When you go to front disk brakes, you will need a two-stage 8" booster.

The good news is, you can cut your old booster off the bracket and bolt the new one in its place. The rest of your brake pedal linkage remains stock. - Dave
    My latest project:
    CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
    X
    Warning: include(test.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78 Warning: include(test.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'test.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78