Disc brake conversion kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1960 disc brake swap with pic's

I started my disc brake swap today on the 60 t-bird and posted some pictures with step by step if anyone is interested.

http://1959ranchero.shutterfly.com/

Comment

So far, so good. BTW, your '59 Ranchero uses the same brake caliper parts as your '60 Thunderbird. - Dave
      My latest project:
      CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Maybe This Info Will Help Some (GRANADA Front Disc Upgrade-

Later Model Steel Wheel Replacement on Early Disc (GRANADA Sourced) Conversions

The rotor hub size was increased on the 1972 model run (TORINO). The below wheels are more common (other model wheels were used) and should be fairly easy to find. They offer caliper clearance and are stronger that the original wheel, especially when using radial tires.

The 14'" disc brake wheel I have described above (D3OZ 1007-A) measures 14 x 5 1/2". There was also a 14 x 6" wheel available (stamped steel) D6OZ 1007-A. This wider wheel will give you a little more tread stability.

There was also a 15 X 6 wheel offered- D0LY 1007-A when upgrading to a 12" rotor as to the usual 11") (70's Intermediate Upgrade).

These are the two sizes most generally used. To find these more easily, one would have to find the HOLLANDER INTERCHANGE NUMBER to make the search at salvage yards easier.

NOTE- If anyone comes across the HOLLANDER number(s), please post them within this thread.

Comment

I've seen the Hollander numbers. There are so many...
          Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth and a host of trucks and other cars use the same wheel according to them.

Then I found someone who is actually using a Dodge wheel. He lost two original Ford hubcaps off of it (and he's not happy). The wheel works but hubcaps are iffy.

Ray found 14" Granada-type wheels by his place in Texas that have the nubs for his dog dish hubcaps. Then he sent a set to Howard Prout, who uses his standard OEM full caps. Same wheels, no alterations, no spacers. They fit Scarebird brackets/S10 calipers and Mustang rotors perfectly straight out of the box.

My advice is to 'try before you buy'. - Dave
          My latest project:
          CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
          X
          Warning: include(test.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78 Warning: include(test.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'test.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78