Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The package is in the mail!!! Thanks again, Ray

Comment

You got in contact with Mike Brogan and shipped it to him to be fixed? If so, that is great! Hopefully, you will get it back quickly from him and in good working condition. While you wait though, you can work on wrapping that exhaust with heat shield material to prevent that from happening in the future..

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

Ray, it is on the way to Mike as we speak. I should have it back in a week or so -- if all goes well. I just ordered some wrap from a "site" you provided for me. Thanks Ray, you guys are the best!!! -- Craig

Comment

Hi Craig! Great! I hope that he will do great work for you and get it back to your quickly. Please let me know the quality of the service he provides you. I certainly did not find many who advertise that they do this kind of work on that transmission. Good luck with the wrapping of that exhaust, which should help solve that problem. Thank you for the kudu's. That is what we are here for, to help others...

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

Ray, I got the pipe all wrapped up and it is looking good! The teletouch hasn't returned as of yet, but hopefully soon. Thanks guys for all the wonderful tips, and I'll certainly be referring to this page often!

Ray, if I could ask another question, but it's not about a Ford, it's about my 56' Chevy. I just found my fill-plug on its factory, standard, steering-box, strangely it still handles good and shows no leaks, but it's pretty much bone dry, now. What type of oil would you recommend to fill it with? Also, if you could tell, what type of brake fluid would you recommend to use in the Edsel wagon?...It has standard brakes. Much thanks as always, Craig

Comment

Hi Craig, I am glad to hear that you have that pipe wrapped up well. Hopefully, you will be getting the teletouch back shortly. As for your Chevy, I will let someone else answer that question who probably knows the answer. As for the Edsel, Dot-3 is probably what you want to use, but... you need to see if you can tell what might be in there now. It might be something else, or maybe synthetic.. It would be good if you knew what the PO was using when they had the car. I would see what John ~ jopizz or Dave ~ simplyconnected, or others say about this first...

Comment

Ray is correct. Dot-3 should be used. I would stay away from anything synthetic. As for your 1956 Chevy steering box here is a service update that discontinued the use of gear oil due to leaking and substituted chassis lubricant (ball joint grease).

From the the January 1957 Chevrolet Service News Bulletin.

"Lubricant recommendations for 1955-57 passenger car steering gear have been changed to discontinue the use of ‘Multi-Purpose’ lubricant and recommend in its place ‘Chassis Lubricant’. Coincident with the change in lubricant recommendations, service personnel are advised that the steering gear lubricant level should be maintained 3/4-inch below the filler plug hole instead of level with the filler hole as previously prescribed. The reduced level lessens the possibility of lubricant being forced out of the steering gear box during the pump action that results from fast turning of the steering wheels."

John
                John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

Thanks John!!! Sorry for the delay, I've been away for a while. Sounds good, and that's just what I'm going to do tomorrow! Did I ever tell you guys you are the Greatest --You're the Greatest!!! Thanks again, your friend, Craig

Comment

Craig! Did you get your Teletouch back yet? I hope so, and I also hope that you have it installed and it is working well again!

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Warning: include(test.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78 Warning: include(test.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78 Warning: include(): Failed opening 'test.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php72/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/squar229/public_html/vbulletin/index.php on line 78