This will take you to the main site where there is history, technical information and other information on these cars.
This takes you back to the main page of the forums.
This is the control panel to change your password, information and preferences on this message board.
Click here if your lost your password or need to register on this message board. You must be a registered user to post. Registration is free.
Search this board for information you need.
Click here to buy cool Squarebirds mechandise.
Click here to support Squarebirds.org. For $20 annually receive 20mBytes webspace, a Squarebirds e-mail address and member's icon on the message board.
Old 06-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Apprentice

philgarvey is on a distinguished road
Default carpet install powerpoint..HELP

I did an carpet install on my bird and documented it and did a powerpoint. I did not see anything at our site so I thought it may help some folks. Anyway my problem is I don't know how to reduce the size of the file in order to post it.
phil garvey
Old 06-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

Email it to Ray Clark. He should be able to format it and put it in the Technical Resource Library.

John
Old 06-24-2012, 10:47 AM
Experienced

lawyercalif is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by philgarvey View Post
I did an carpet install on my bird and documented it and did a powerpoint. I did not see anything at our site so I thought it may help some folks. Anyway my problem is I don't know how to reduce the size of the file in order to post it.
phil garvey
Use Picasa. You can download it for free. Edit your pictures there and then use their export function. Set it for the proper size (I use 400) and save it to a file. Then when you post go to the "manage attachments function" hit the browse button, find your file and upload it.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road

I replied to Phil's email for help with this, but got no response from this. I suspect that this Power Point show might be larger than email will allow for sending. Daniel gave you some good information regarding how to do it and as a Paid Member you can upload it yourself to the server and post it. If you need further help, please call me and let me work with you on this. I certainly do want to add this to the TRL.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
Old 06-25-2012, 11:50 AM

Phil, I see you on the Forum looking at this thread. Call me and let me help you with this. I really want to add this information to the TRL. Or send me a PM with your phone number and I can call you. My number is 210-674-5781.

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 06-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Apprentice

Tenshi95 is on a distinguished road

let me know if you get this up! My new carpet is sitting in a box waiting for me to get some time to throw it in

-Robert
Old 06-25-2012, 07:46 PM
Experienced

newbird59 is on a distinguished road

Same here! looking forward to seeing the process. That's next on my list.

-D
Old 07-02-2012, 11:04 PM

Thanks to Phil Garvey ~philgarvey, I have taken his instructions and pictures and put them together in a web page instead of a power show. You will find it in the Technical Resource Library (TRL) now! Look under TRIM, towards the top of the TRL, then under Interior, then Carpeting and you will find the link under it. I hope that it will be a big help to you in the future. I see some of you are about to do this. Phil should be able to answer questions you might have. His comments and pix should be very useful to you. Thanks again, Phil, for sharing with us. The TRL is always part of my signature element, so just click on it and check it out. Also the new one about how to release the trunk from the back seat, by Richard Hamm, under the TRUNK listing.. Enjoy!

"It's Hip To Be Square"

Old 07-02-2012, 11:51 PM
Excellent Auto Mechanic for over 40 years.

jopizz is on a distinguished road

Great job Phil. The only problem I see is that the seat belt buckles should be toward the inside. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but that's what is always recommended.

John